Can we Reduce size of Schedules?

DeltaHome

Go to solution Solved by DeltaHome,

38 minutes ago, DeltaHome said:

Reduce Font Size

Margins Row and Column widths for each line.

Symbol Size must be reduced.

Any suggestions if and where I can reduce those items>

1st off it is best practice to put Schedules in Individual CAD Details  to keep Plan View Speeds up ,

you then send them to Layout, on the appropriate page where you can then scale them like ant Layout Box

further if needed  eg 1/8" instead of 1/4" = 1'

**** Put the Schedules in your Template Plan CAD Details and you only ever need to do them Once....

And 

- Change the Schedule Text Style

- Columns widths can be adjusted with the Edit handle when you single click a schedule - look for the Diamond

- Row height is dependent on Font Size ..........AFAIK

- In the Schedule DBX make sure Use Scale > Plan Scale is checked

image.thumb.png.5132965322d374126a7de9fcd46d5ed4.png

• Like 1

One more thing.  My Electrical Plan seems to be drawn with Gray lines rather than darker Black lines.  I looked for a way to change this, but have not been able to find where to change it.  I went to Edit>Default>Schedule  but no luck.  Any suggestions?

11 minutes ago, DeltaHome said:

My Electrical Plan seems to be drawn with Gray lines rather than darker Black lines

Check the Layer Color as Joe suggested..........

And make permanent Changes like this in your Template , not the the current Plan......or save Current plan as your new Template is also an Option we have nowadays...

M.

I am reading about Templates now.

Fixed the Schedule size or rather have made it too small so am working with it.

I understand that my Electrical Plan had Gray for color instead of Black on many of the check marks, so have now changed to Black.

Is it a good idea to save say the Electrical Plan to CAD Detail and then continue to work with it there?

Or is it a better idea to work with say the Electrical Plan in the general plan file and then when it is done save it to CAD Detail?

1 hour ago, DeltaHome said:

I am reading about Templates now.

Fixed the Schedule size or rather have made it too small so am working with it.

I understand that my Electrical Plan had Gray for color instead of Black on many of the check marks, so have now changed to Black.

Is it a good idea to save say the Electrical Plan to CAD Detail and then continue to work with it there?

Or is it a better idea to work with say the Electrical Plan in the general plan file and then when it is done save it to CAD Detail?

The Electrical Plan is "Just a (Saved Plan) View"  , no need to send it to a CAD detail , just the Electrical Schedule and Legend perhaps....

M.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Take a look at each of the following:

• Schedule Layer - for color, line weights, font, etc
  • Select Schedule and use edit handles to resize and/or move columns
  • Open the dbx and explore settings there.

The text I have reduced in size.  But there don't seem to be edit handles for rows.  There are only edit handles for columns.

It seems to me that the row height is set by the size of the symbol.  Is there a way to reduce the size of the symbol?

12 minutes ago, DeltaHome said:

The text I have reduced in size.  But there don't seem to be edit handles for rows.  There are only edit handles for columns.

It seems to me that the row height is set by the size of the symbol.  Is there a way to reduce the size of the symbol?

- Change the Schedule Text Style

- Columns widths can be adjusted with the Edit handle when you single click a schedule - look for the Diamond

- Row height is dependent on Font Size ..........AFAIK

- In the Schedule DBX make sure Use Scale > Plan Scale is checked

• Solution

OK here is the answer:

The symbol size expands or decreases based on the size of the box in the grid it occupies.

So, if you use Callout for Labels, like I did, you grab the diamond edit handle on the first column (the one with the symbols in it) and move the diamond left.  That squeezes the size of the symbol.  And when you squeeze down the size of the symbol, the rows also become closer together, because row distance is a function of the largest entry i.e., either text size or if you are using symbols, then the size of the symbol.