X13 Help File

Chopsaw

Working here, windows help file is C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X13\Help\Default.htm

See if that shows in a browser. If it does then I'd reboot, have had a few odd things that were fixed that way.

9 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Working here, windows help file is C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X13\Help\Default.htm

See if that shows in a browser. If it does then I'd reboot, have had a few odd things that were fixed that way.

Ok I guess that is the back door but it basically gets me the same thing as F1.

I have booted several time or possibly 100 times since I first noticed the issue so I don't think that will help.

Should I rerun the Help.exe  by itself or call tech support tomorrow ?

no corruption here CS.

image.thumb.png.080c586e10c3bb3365204fa98703b190.pngimage.thumb.png.9a559e59be471282abb99cf4196c45f2.png

However there is more info ( Log) in your User Folder > AppData > Roaming CA X13 Help...and it looks like mine is having issues with Translations

Info: HelpViewer log:  "Wed Jul 14 19:16:47 2021"
Debug: Application args:  ("C:\\Program Files\\Chief Architect\\Chief Architect Premier X13\\Chief Architect Premier X13 Help.exe", "127.0.0.1", "61131", "file:///C:/ProgramData/Chief Architect Premier X13/Help/Default.htm", "-id=0")
Warning: Installed Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location C:/Program Files/Chief Architect/Chief Architect Premier X13/translations\qtwebengine_locales. Trying application directory...
Warning: Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location C:/Program Files/Chief Architect/Chief Architect Premier X13\qtwebengine_locales. Trying fallback directory... Translations MAY NOT not be correct.
Info: Loading of URL ' QUrl("file:///C:/ProgramData/Chief Architect Premier X13/Help/Default.htm#cshid=0") ' finished  successfully.

*** Folder and File Do not exist , hence the logged error in my case --- only using english though....

Also more info in 

User Folder > AppData > Local > CA Inc > CA X13 Help > 

User Folder > AppData > Local > CA X13> CA X13 Help > 

Perhaps try a "Repair" from Control Panel>Programs and Features.............

KB

7 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Interesting...   It seems like I have all the installed files you have but something must be corrupted.

See if a Repair can fix it ...otherwise a full reinstall perhaps....

Folders all have Folders within?  not empty eg

image.thumb.png.8aae481b21620fa1377a18167a739df8.png

Ok thanks guys.  My folders do contain what seems to be all the required files or at least they are not empty shells.

I will see if tech is aware of the issue since it is why I called them last time because I could not access the file but forgot to mention that fact.

2 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Ok thanks guys.  My folders do contain what seems to be all the required files or at least they are not empty shells.

I will see if tech is aware of the issue since it is why I called them last time because I could not access the file but forgot to mention that fact.

a "Repair" didn't help then?

M.

1 minute ago, Chopsaw said:

No I did not try, is that an option when running the .msi file again ?

you skim reading again :) 

Perhaps try a "Repair" from Control Panel>Programs and Features.............

KB

running the .msi file again will sometimes make the same offer too :) 

• Upvote 1