X13 Textures/Stretch to Fit

HannahKucerova

Did a quick browse/search and don't see where anyone else has posted about this.

Has anyone run into imported materials not stretching properly (or as they previously did in X12 and backwards) in the new X13?  I import a lot of custom countertops materials and previously when the material was set to stretch to fit, it would spread out nicely and create a fairly realistic interpretation of the material.  In X13, the same material now has multiple directional face lines when on a surface that has a hole in it (i.e. a countertop with sink, etc.).  I do remember seeing this same phenomenon in prior versions when I would use a custom tile material on a floor (for like a shower, but I always would undo the stretch to fit option because in those instances I *wanted* the repeating pattern.), but never on a countertop. 

The attached pictures are the same custom countertop size, sink, faucet and material...just one is x12 and one is X13.  Both are using the Custom Countertop tool. I'm pretty sure this has to do with some of the new rendering coding, so maybe it is proper for X13, but I am hoping there is a way to get around it as it does not look good in presentations.  Am I missing something easy?

x12 Texture.jpg

x13 Texture.jpg

47 minutes ago, HannahKucerova said:

Did a quick browse/search and don't see where anyone else has posted about this.

Has anyone run into imported materials not stretching properly (or as they previously did in X12 and backwards) in the new X13?  I import a lot of custom countertops materials and previously when the material was set to stretch to fit, it would spread out nicely and create a fairly realistic interpretation of the material.  In X13, the same material now has multiple directional face lines when on a surface that has a hole in it (i.e. a countertop with sink, etc.).  I do remember seeing this same phenomenon in prior versions when I would use a custom tile material on a floor (for like a shower, but I always would undo the stretch to fit option because in those instances I *wanted* the repeating pattern.), but never on a countertop. 

The attached pictures are the same custom countertop size, sink, faucet and material...just one is x12 and one is X13.  Both are using the Custom Countertop tool. I'm pretty sure this has to do with some of the new rendering coding, so maybe it is proper for X13, but I am hoping there is a way to get around it as it does not look good in presentations.  Am I missing something easy?

x12 Texture.jpg

x13 Texture.jpg

I have run into that, but it usually clears up when I make it one large custom countertop.  It is happening to me when the cabinet countertops are segmented.  You might try ticking "global mapping" under the texture tab in the materials dialog box.

I just tried it and can confirm there is a difference in behavior between x12 and x13 in how a sink placed into a single countertop impacts the "stretch to fit" counter material.  (BTW, I tried global mapping and it didn't make any difference.)  I used the "Garden of Irises" painting as it showed very clearly how the texture in x13 is being stretched oddly at each corner of the sink.   I put this on a single cabinet that I enlarged to show the issue.  I will submit a bug report.

2021 07 13 counter matl w sink in x12.JPG

2021 07 13 counter matl w sink in x13.JPG

• Upvote 3

I've noticed that global symbol mapping has not worked correctly with some exterior materials. Sounds like the same type of problem. In this case it's the pattern that won't hold the line. This is all the same material.

image.thumb.png.bc1d476b7eb662c5bb8a3dadfbb1c77d.pngimage.thumb.png.db55555ad59048ca0de7c73db815d122.png

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same issue with custom countertops. Has anyone found a solution or workaround? 

Attached 2 files from x13. One with the cooktop as a symbol (texture looks good). 2nd image is with the cooktop placed as an object "in" countertop.

My assumption is that when the program creates a "hole in countertop", something doesn't resolve the new, custom countertop, to accept the texture???

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Counter_with_Symbol.jpg

Counter_with_Object_in_Countertop.jpg

20 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

For now, I would suggest you increase the Scale of your Texture instead of using Stretch to Fit, and make sure to send in to tech support if you care to see it fixed.

Thanks. I did that and it seems to work on the island, but the corner base cabinet is still giving me problems.

I believe Chief is aware of the issue. Just wondering if there was a fix or update.

On 7/14/2021 at 12:03 PM, Christina_Girerd said:

Chief answered the report and said they have reproduced the issue and logged it.