Electrical Symbol Text

Adam_Gibson

I know I'm getting old, but I don't recall creating cad blocks for every electrical item in the library. In older plans, when I click on any kind of electrical item that includes letters, the font is not Blueprint. But maybe years ago I had am aggressive cad block day.

A few notes on this subject:

1. In X13, they made it super easy to change these blocks.  Simply select your symbol and click on the Edit CAD Block tool right there in your Edit toolbar.
  2. That text may or may not be set to be controlled By Layer, so sometimes you can simply change the Layer text Style.  You would have to figure out which layer is controlling the text though.
  3. Bonus Tip:  Chief also added a Change to GFCI/Change to 110V Outlet tool to the Edit toolbar so you can quickly change the outlet type.

36 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

A few notes on this subject:

1. In X13, they made it super easy to change these blocks.  Simply select your symbol and click on the Edit CAD Block tool right there in your Edit toolbar.
  2. That text may or may not be set to be controlled By Layer, so sometimes you can simply change the Layer text Style.  You would have to figure out which layer is controlling the text though.
  3. Bonus Tip:  Chief also added a Change to GFCI/Change to 110V Outlet tool to the Edit toolbar so you can quickly change the outlet type.

1 hour ago, Adam_Gibson said:

Can someone point me to where to change the text on electrical symbols?

Oh... nice to see these new features...thanks for noting that Michael.  Haven't delved into X13 yet as I don't have the card to take advantage of the premium feature, and it seemed like there were some issues yet to be ironed out which in my current overloaded state with projects can't afford time to be monkeying with fixes.  

I just wanted to point out to the OP an alternative to using the specific electrical blocks that I have been doing.  I just use the labels on a standard switch and receptacle block, which can be changed, moved and rotated as desired.   

This could be an issue if you use materials lists for electrical, but I do not. If you do though, you could remove the tag from the blocks and just use the labels.