stairwell wall showing on elevation and couple other issues

SH_Canada

Dont laugh at the odd design, it's the owner's.

I auto built the roof planes, then moved them. I then created two ceiling planes to get more than 3.5" for the truss on the long angle, as one ceiling plane did not look like it would span a floor. Anyway all good, juts giving some background for some oddball things. The original plan was square, I moved out the entry wall to make the entry.

When I look at the right elevation, it shows the stairwell wall outline on the second floor(second pic below). I checked the walls on both floors and they seem like one wall, at least on the bathroom side, I did notice the two attic walls seem to be of different lengths. not sure why but that would seem to be a separate problem.

Anyway, when I go to select the outside wall in ortho camera, it selects the entire wall:

image.thumb.png.2675857550300b58739d4c37c2d9d778.png

so why does it show the black line:??

image.thumb.png.0141f355d2cc5d3f48e72e45944b66da.png

framing overview, the wall looks "proper" to me or is it only supposed to build the wall for the floor. I took a look at the stairwell room and tried unchecking ceiling above , interestingly it removes the top floor ceiling when I do this for the main floor stairwell(I suppose because both are open to below rooms). regardless it did not change any thing.

image.thumb.png.290905677ea9c821d5a5042bf40950e5.png

any ideas on how to get rid of it?  both stair open to below rooms match adjacent rooms, unrelated I think are these other two attic walls being different lengths, does it matter?

image.thumb.png.fcc84f29eb4f055d84eaeedea2a7067f.png

thanksMichel 2.plan

1 hour ago, solver said:

Please update your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

uhm update it to what?

it already has:

X12

NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti

i7

thanks eric, that did it. the fascinating thing is I tried extednig that one wall over to the right to see if it would make a difference (hence my fiddling comment) , and it did not, but, when you take it all the way over to the right as you did, the black lines go away. Fascinating, I would have though the vertical black line would have moved with me extending the wall. This is what threw me off, I figured if the lines were not moving when I moved the wall then it must be something else

go figure, I just had to extend it to the end

the reason there is the drop at the front you mention is because the entry is 8'  while rest of main floor is 9', 8' is to accommodate truss depth coming down.

Am I right in having to draw two ceiling planes, one for the entry and one for the second floor? I tried one (built on the main floor extending to the bottom horizontal chord) and it did not work.(it would only show on the main floor)

image.thumb.png.b524892a9910f793c290b282610c9b5d.png

trying to get this (which I did with 2 ceiling planes)

image.thumb.png.0d60b2cf54a3bd1d37969accee4bffc6.png

thanks again