Window "levels" in plan view

Larry_Sweeney

When having different size windows on different levels stacked above one another, is there a way to show only Level 0 windows in plan view? I thought there was a way, but can't locate info on how to do it.  I have a larger fixed unit in a gable and double hung units below it in a cathedral ceiling room and it gets "too busy" with all unit levels showing in plan view.  Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.

You assign a window level (Vertical Stacking) in the Options Panel in the window dbx.

So you might assign the lower windows as Level 0 and the higher level windows as Level 1.

You can then control which vertical stacking level displays in plan view by changing the Vertical Stacking Level in the Window Defaults dbx - the non default windows will appear light grey.

A search in the help file for Window Levels should give you more details.

• Upvote 1

Glenn.....................What you describe is what I have now. Shown in the attachments are the render and plan view of area I'm describing. Is there a way that Level 1 windows do not show up at all on the plan view? Looking at the plan view with both window levels showing is a bit confusing. If there is no way not to show only Level 0 windows, what is the best way to show this (with dimensions) so it isn't confusing?

jasonN.................Right now my plan is to large, even as a zip. file to send. If I don't get an remedy to this I'll try making a "scaled down version" and put it in a thread later. 

Hafer plan.jpg

Hafer render.jpg