Cursor icon tags

adashmore

I'm new to X6 having come from A4 and noticed that the cursor has a icon tag beside it which changes from time to time and I'm unfamiliar with why it's there and how to change it.  Currently my cursor is showing a connect walls icon tagged to it.  I cannot seem to change it and am wondering why it's there.  It appears to be affecting the performance of other tasks, perhaps because it wants me to search and connect walls.  Can anyone help me with this?

• Upvote 1

New feature added to  this version. That particular appearance means you have two or more walls that are not connected. Such cursor attributes indicate particular trancient conditions until that condition is altered or corrected. There are several such conditions indicaed by the cursor appearance.

DJP

• 2 months later...

I just installed X6 on a new computer and opened an X5 file as my first usage of X6.

I also have this cursor tag (connect walls).  I can't find any place in the plan that shows this problem condition.

How do I find where this error is occuring? Is there a way I can "check for errors"?

Thanks,

Cait

Cait,

The bad connections should be indicated by a circle, but you need to be on the correct floor.

Have you checked all floors in your plan?

You can fix ALL the connections in the plan by going Build...Walls...Fix Wall Connections.

The Fix Wall Connections on the Edit toolbar only does one individual connection at a time.

• Upvote 1

I have a similar issue.  It is the "rebuild walls/floors/ceilings" icon that shows up by the cursor.  Right now I have a hot key set for it so I can have it rebuild quickly.  Isn't there a way to automatically set it?

I have a similar issue.  It is the "rebuild walls/floors/ceilings" icon that shows up by the cursor.  Right now I have a hot key set for it so I can have it rebuild quickly.  Isn't there a way to automatically set it?

Jared,

3D...3D View Defaults... Options panel...General Options...Auto Rebuild Walls/Floors/Ceilings