New default for layout box label

APTArchitect

Is there a way to make a new default for a layout box label? 

I have been modifying each new layout box as shown in the image below, but would prefer if new views placed would have this information by default. It seems like such a tedious exercise every time. 

image.thumb.png.c2d82a1de4606fb6562be233f7bb9b71.png

27 minutes ago, APTArchitect said:

I have been modifying each new layout box as shown in the image below, but would prefer if new views placed would have this information by default. It seems like such a tedious exercise every time. 

Agreed that this should be fixed. There are a few workarounds but this is my favorite:
Rabs Auto Label.calibz
Snap the top of the bounding box to the bottom of your view, then unblock the tool. It will set an Auto label using reference macros.

1 hour ago, APTArchitect said:

@Renerabbitt, thank you for the tip. However, I don't quite follow the workaround. The calibz attachment does not load, if it is essential to your solution. Could you please elaborate?

5 hours ago, APTArchitect said:

Your best bet is to save layout templates that already have the layout boxes in the layout file. Depending on the type of plans your produce, this can cover most of the views sent to layout.

Then it's just a matter of linking the referenced plan file and adjusting layout box borders.

5 hours ago, APTArchitect said:

I use a Marker in Layout , not the Layout Box Labels  with the Upper Line using %layout.title%  which it pulls from the (Edit) Page Info Tab ( same name as Title-Block) and for the lower line I normally do it manually as I copy and paste it to different pages and Box_scale does not work as it is not referenced to the Box, but it is quick as you only need to change it once in a while if they are in your Layout Template on the pages already . 

as you can see in pic I added the word Kitchen before  %layout.title% with a quick edit for this page.......

image.thumb.png.9156cd8b4b9773bd2085ee1f513823a9.png