Video Card Issues

HDbyJustin

Go to solution Solved by tundra_dweller,

I am attaching (2) photos below with the specs to my video card and my system. I am getting the error at start up that says I can't create 3d views due to my card not being supported. I believe it meets the minimum specs so I am not sure where else to look.

System Specs.PNG

Video Card Specs.PNG

Everything was working great on X12. Same system other than upgrading to 16gb of memory and putting a 500 gb solid state drive in. I will try to give tech support a call tomorrow and see what can be done or needs to be done. 

I just installed X13 and have been previously running X12 for the past year or so. I am aware of the new rendering requirements and I am ok with no ray tracing and things like that. Basic elevations would be handy for the time being. I am on the hunt for a GTX 960 video card locally. I was not expecting to have to upgrade video cards at this time.

• Solution

I had the same experience when I upgraded to X13 last week, though my GeForce GTX 740 video card would get me through for another year before investing in a new PC. It turns out the shader model on my card is only 5.1 so it does not meet the 6.0 requirements. I found a GTX 1050 for a fairly reasonable price that I could get quickly. Installed that yesterday and everything is working great now.

It looks like you are probably having the same experience with the GTX 770.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-770.c1856

Look at the "Graphics Features" section and it shows the shader model as 5.1. The shader model cannot be upgraded on a GPU.

So the "Max Shader Model" info in the X13 video card status dialog is not necessarily accurate for the Nvidia 7 series GPU's.

• Upvote 1