Ceiling behavior - wall surfaces aligned between floors

SNestor

First floor walls are 8" CMU. 2nd Floor walls are Siding-6. 

If I stack the walls and align main layers...the ceiling on the first level extends to the inside surface of the CMU wall top plate. 

If I stack the walls using the wall surfaces...then, the 1st floor ceiling material extends and pierces through the siding material at the outer surface. 

Why?

And is there a fix for this? 

See attached screen clips:

Thanks!

2021-07-05_14-54-56.thumb.png.a1a3b126a36c6a4fb99dd3658408b5f0.png  2021-07-05_14-58-37.thumb.png.2ed0cf7f0ef0c69d137554b1eb55a185.png

1 hour ago, SNestor said:

Why?

And is there a fix for this? 

This happens not just with CMU but with Concrete and ICF wall types too.  
Interestingly enough, it does not happen with Glass block wall type... which I kind of figured would have masonry attributes.
If you move the concrete or cmu to the exterior layer, then the ceiling finish will stop.  I used 1/16" glass for the main layer.  I'm not suggesting this is a work-around... just saying how it works.  
It seems there is some hidden code within material definitions which controls these things.  It may be one of those things that they could change the coding to match how it works for fir framing, but then we'd have other issues pop up?... I dunno.  Worth asking Chief I think...