MN_JohnH

I often have trouble with walls protruding through the roof like this.
I am thinking it has something to do with my loft or 2nd floor being higher than the top of the 1st floor roof but I can't figure out what to do about it.
I want those walls to define my second floor space even though they don't really exist... I will be drawing dormers in to get more space but where the roof cuts I want the walls to show on the plan where they are but then they are sticking through on the perspective view.

walls problem.JPG

Walls problem.plan

Seeing as your roof is lower than the 2nd floor at the exterior walls, you'll need to define some attic rooms on the 2nd floor.

I'd suggest taking a section view through the garage, for example, and figuring out how the structure will be built, as well as the necessary assembly depths and elevations. That will give you some insight and guidance as to how to model it in Chief.

• Like 1

I guess I didn't realize that somewhere along the way my main floor ceiling height got changed to 9' instead of 8'.
The second floor should sit on top of the walls. I should have noticed that.
Guess my question is not a well thought out one though I thought I had looked it over extensively before asking.

Sorry.

And thanks for the responses.