New Library Downloads

stager386

I know how to update my library, and I know how to download new library items.  What I find cumbersome is trying to see if there are new libraries to download that I don't have.  Is it possible to do an update which includes adding new libraries I don't have?  Otherwise, it is extremely time consuming to go through each one and check it against what I do have.  Even if there was an excel list of all current CA libraries, that would be better than nothing.  If I am missing something, I'd love to know! Thanks.

You're not missing anything, but there are some things you can do to speed up your process probably.  For example:

2 hours ago, stager386 said:

Even if there was an excel list of all current CA libraries, that would be better than nothing.

You can create these excel lists fairly easily on your own.  Here's a quick video...

https://rumble.com/vjdt2f-using-excel-with-chief-architect-to-create-filter-and-sort-bonus-catalog-li.html

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2021 at 11:25 AM, stager386 said:

I know how to update my library, and I know how to download new library items.  What I find cumbersome is trying to see if there are new libraries to download that I don't have.  Is it possible to do an update which includes adding new libraries I don't have?  Otherwise, it is extremely time consuming to go through each one and check it against what I do have.  Even if there was an excel list of all current CA libraries, that would be better than nothing.  If I am missing something, I'd love to know! Thanks.

I put my PDF List over in Symbols for everyone............. Mick....Libraries Hoarder of Old :)

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/31252-list-of-x13-currently-available-libraries-july-1st-2021/

6 hours ago, stager386 said:

What I find cumbersome is trying to see if there are new libraries to download that I don't have. 

I've thought this many many times.  Appreciate the tips for helping speed the process too guys, but I really think this is worthy of a suggestion.  It would be nice if a full list of available libraries popped up which had check boxes we could select and easily see what we've already selected. 

25 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

How did you come up with your list?

Same way as you suggested, didn't think I needed to repeat the process ?  but maybe should note it was done in Excel >PDF

M.

5 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

I've thought this many many times.  Appreciate the tips for helping speed the process too guys, but I really think this is worthy of a suggestion.  It would be nice if a full list of available libraries popped up which had check boxes we could select and easily see what we've already selected. 

I like that idea Mark , not sure if implementable but would be a nice feature people have wanted for years , at the moment it doesn't even check to see if the library is already installed so you can end up with duplicates.

M.

On 7/3/2021 at 5:15 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

You're not missing anything, but there are some things you can do to speed up your process probably.  For example:

You can create these excel lists fairly easily on your own.  Here's a quick video...

https://rumble.com/vjdt2f-using-excel-with-chief-architect-to-create-filter-and-sort-bonus-catalog-li.html

Thank you for the video! Very helpful!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, parkwest said:

Here is what I do that is simple to do...  I check the like box for each library I download... then I can tell at a glance which ones I already have downloaded when looking to see what is new.

Hey...that's a great idea!

20 hours ago, parkwest said:

Here is what I do that is simple to do...  I check the like box for each library I download... then I can tell at a glance which ones I already have downloaded when looking to see what is new.

Excellent suggestion!