Round roof raised above pitched roof help!!

Alisa_Design

I've been trying to get this roof to generate properly for days now. when I can get it to generate, the walls are funky. I had another chief user help me out but I can't afford to keep going back for more changes. Maybe this is impossible?? File attached and image of desired roof design attached too. Thanks!

Alisa

Alisa :wub:

Chief Architect X10-x12

Email:  lbinteriordesigns14@gmail.com

Windows 10 desktop PC:   AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 32GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660

w10j24 (19).jpg

Untitled 3.zip

7 hours ago, Alisa_Design said:

Maybe this is impossible??

Not at all impossible. In fact, Chief's auto roof can do that automatically. You should create a 2nd floor to build an Open Below space that is circular. Set the main floor ceiling for the porch to be lower (181.5) and set the Open Below ceiling height to 245.5.

Turn on Auto Rebuild Roofs and set appropriate roof surface and ridge materials.

image.thumb.png.2f3926d8322227e5238beef5b9cff437.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/3/2021 at 5:42 PM, glennw said:

I can see some real problems trying to keep water out of that roof.

I think it needs a bit more work yet.

FWIW, It was my assumption that the OP was struggling with figuring out how to create a conical roof. For clarification to the OP or anyone else on this topic, that is the only thing I attempted to help with. I was not helping with overall roof design, or construction plans or documentation. If @Alisa_Design needs / wants assistance with the overall roof design or other aspects pertaining to the completion of the building plans, I'm sure she'll add to this topic or source additional expertise as needed.