Compatibility of Chief Architect Software With Linux Operating System

Q9smkd9rmcs6ycbp

25 minutes ago, Ridge_Runner said:

Is this post legit? Or am I the only one that thinks it may be spam? Hope I'm wrong

It does seem to be something that can happen.  Typical Ms stuff I suppose.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-deleted-all-files-from-my-desktop/c52a735c-6324-423b-b5c4-1a9b2052fa49

If I experienced what you did, I too would be looking for an alternative. Presently your only alternative is a Mac computer OS. Linux is just not widely enough used to support a corporation's survival, Chief must port to the Operating systems that are used by consumers who support Chief Inc's expenses and profits.

DJP

I assure you that this is not spam. After I got my computer up and going, I downloaded Google Chrome again  and  found out about the upgrade.  You can do the same. This happened to me and I wonder if it happened to any other Chief users. I am a  conservative Christian who  buys books online that oppose the  liberal view of Social Justice and Critical Race Theory. I am struggling to understand why Microsoft would do  this to  me and not others. Obviously the upgrade was limited to a  select and limited number of  windows users. Most of my business is transacted on line and I need to find a way to protect my business from future attacks.  

• Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Q9smkd9rmcs6ycbp said:

Obviously the upgrade was limited to a  select and limited number of  windows users.

That's just weird! There are two types of computer users, those who back up their data and those who wish they had.

I have been using Windows 10 since it was first made available now on two computers and my laptop. I have had nothing but stable, reliable behavior BUT I also have all my pertinent files double backed up as well as Library and other Chief specific files in the cloud and on secondary hard drives as insurance. That way if worst comes, then I I have to do is to reload everything. I am also quite conservative and trust no one but myself in terms of my own survival.

DJP

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2021 at 8:33 AM, DRAWZILLA said:

I updated to windows 11 last week and so far everything is good.

WINDOWS 11 PRO insider edition 64 bit

I'm impressed Perry. Do you have Bill Gates personal number on speed dial? :)

• 1 month later...

I can understand that Linux isn't supported, even though the application itself is written in QT.
What I would like to see is to have Chief Architect running via Wine
This means that Linux would not be officially supported, but it would make a lot of Linux users happy. With he latest Wine version (v6) it's almost working fluently until I trigger a 3d render, which asserts somewhere in the main application. From I can see in the traces the Chromium component renders properly, so (probably) related to how one component fits in the other. In my opinion this could be very low handing fruit for Chief Architect.