Issues with Mouse Orbit Camera

PrashanthNednur

Hi,

I am currently using  a demo version of CA X13 and currently facing issues with Mouse Orbit Camera. The issue arises when working with CA for about 15 minutes. The mouse holds onto the current function and does not let go of it. Is there any workaround or did some one face any similar issues.

Regards

Prashanth

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure what you mean by "The mouse holds onto the current function and does not let go of it."  Maybe you can explain this better?

One possible issue is that you are accidently putting the camera in "spin" mode.  If you are in mouse orbit mode and let go of the left mouse while you are still moving it, then the program will automatically enter "spin" mode where the camera will continue orbiting.  Simply clicking anywhere on the screen should cancel this mode.

The only other thing that I can think of that might be an issue is if you are having a problem with the mouse itself.  I have heard of people occasionally having strange issues with their mouse if it is a wireless mouse and the battery is getting low or if the mouse drivers are out of date.  If you have a different mouse you could try, that might help rule out some of these problems.

You might also want to do a search on this forum to see some of the other problems that people have run into and some of their solutions.

I have the same Issue, no solution at the moment back to X12.

You haven't really given us any new information about this problem.  

Please report this problem to our tech support team and provide them with some more information so that we can look into this further.

I am having the same issue as the original poster. After approximately 15 minutes of using X13, I encounter a problem whereby, for example, if I insert a door into a wall, the crosshairs continue to remain as the door insertion icon and will not allow me to complete any other tasks, e.g. inserting a window into the wall. Instead, if I click anywhere else on the screen, or move the mouse around on the screen, the door just changes from opening inwards to outwards (and vice versa) - it remains stuck on the door command. It will not allow me to select any other commands. This is in working plan view.

Also, once this has started happening, if I move into a 3D camera view, moving the mouse now only rotates the plan instead of allowing me to execute any other functions such as zooming in etc.

I am using a brand new PC, with all drivers updated. X12 is running on the same PC without the same issue.

The only fix I have found is to close and re-open X13 but then, the same problem occurs after approx. 15 minutes every time.

Just letting everyone know that I have a same issue when my mouse "stops" working similar way described above. Seems to be some kind of issue with X13 and perhaps some computers. Looking forward to hear about the fixes/updates for this one.

I have the same/similar issue.  After about 5-10 min of using the mouse, if I am in camera view, my mouse will get stuck where it moves the view around without clicking any buttons.  If I am in layout view, the mouse will get stuck as if the left mouse button is stuck down and will only draw selection boxes.  I can hit escape to stop the box, but as soon as I move the mouse it will draw another selection box.  It doesn't actually select anything though because it doesn't "Release" the selection of the items.  Worked fine on X12 on this PC.  Installed X13 and it's occurred since that moment.  Mouse works fine on all other functions of the computer.

On 7/3/2021 at 7:15 AM, Bella1722 said:

I am having the same issue as the original poster. After approximately 15 minutes of using X13, I encounter a problem whereby, for example, if I insert a door into a wall, the crosshairs continue to remain as the door insertion icon and will not allow me to complete any other tasks, e.g. inserting a window into the wall. Instead, if I click anywhere else on the screen, or move the mouse around on the screen, the door just changes from opening inwards to outwards (and vice versa) - it remains stuck on the door command. It will not allow me to select any other commands. This is in working plan view.

This happened to me yesterday with a door selection.  The mouse wouldn't release the door selection.  I can't give any other useful information about what I was doing. 

I did have a few other mouse related oddities (copy pasting between floors or plans).  I assumed it was operator error.  I'll keep an eye on it and report it.

• 2 weeks later...

I would assume if this was a larger issue, a lot more people would be having it.  So it must be something unique to our setups.  I am running a newer computer.  Custom built myself.  i9-9900K, 32 GB of RAM, M.2 NVMe 2 TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060, Logitech Wave Keyboard and Mouse.  I am running Windows 10 Pro fully updated to 21H1.  I am using Chief Architect Premier X13.  How about everyone else?  I want to see if we have any similar hardware or software that could have some conflict with Chief Architect.

Edited by Zirax1
Added the version of Chief Architect

I do have the same Issue on my computer and the only similar things on the hardware are: i9-9900K, 32gb, nvidia 1080 card, and a raid0 2 TB SSD drive.

On 7/16/2021 at 5:53 AM, MoeGia said:

I haven't seen this since I posted, although I've been taking some time off. 

I did update my graphics driver last week.  And I also have a Logitech wave keyboard and Logitech M-something mouse.

On 7/15/2021 at 8:01 PM, Zirax1 said:

I would assume if this was a larger issue, a lot more people would be having it.  So it must be something unique to our setups.  I am running a newer computer.  Custom built myself.  i9-9900K, 32 GB of RAM, M.2 NVMe 2 TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060, Logitech Wave Keyboard and Mouse.  I am running Windows 10 Pro fully updated to 21H1.  I am using Chief Architect Premier X13.  How about everyone else?  I want to see if we have any similar hardware or software that could have some conflict with Chief Architect.

So far, I believe Maureen is the only one who has contacted our technical support.  We have identified Maureen's issue but I don't think it is actually related to what the other people have described.  At this time, we still don't have enough information to identify and correct this problem.  

If you are currently using X13 and experiencing this problem, then please contact our technical support team during our normal business hours so that we can look into this further.

Maybe it's something to do with migrating from a previous version and using an old previously generated templates with the new X13 system? Something is incompatible and causes the error? That's why it's not present for everyone? Just a wild guess as I was using templates and settings generated in older versions. Doesn't seem to be a hardware matter.

8 hours ago, jaaos123 said:

Maybe it's something to do with migrating from a previous version and using an old previously generated templates with the new X13 system? Something is incompatible and causes the error? That's why it's not present for everyone? Just a wild guess as I was using templates and settings generated in older versions. Doesn't seem to be a hardware matter.

I doubt that's the issue.  I have been working with migrated plans since the beginning of Beta testing and have not have any mouse problems until recently. 

I have never had the mouse orbit problem in 3D so probably shouldn't have muddied the waters.

Something I have seemed to notice is it lasts almost exactly 14-15 min before the issue occurs.  It also doesn't seem to count time that Chief Architect is NOT the active window.  I'll try to pay closer attention, but I believe that is what is occurring.  Example: Working in Chief Architect for 10 min, watch a 30 min cat video, 5 more min in Chief Architect and it will lock whatever function I am in (normally the mouse selector).  I just decided to run a repair, so I'll see if that has any bearing on the issue and report back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...