X13 - 2 crashes so far

Gawdzira

Full information. File that started in x12 and is nearly complete in DD. Not a very large project (1600 s.f. plus a detached garage). Crash 1 happened with a pbr camera open and I touched a section of attic wall. I got a message about the video something and it will be shutting down. Crash 2, in camera view (I think it was technical illustration) and I duplicated a poly solid to copy and paste in place, no warning it just vaporized. If anything is repeatable I will send it in but there is not reason to yet.

If anything is repeatable I will send it in but there is not reason to yet.

If you can reproduce any problems, then by all means, please report this to our tech support team.  My best guess is this is video card related but not really enough information yet.

My perspective overviews are not being nice to me in X13 and now I can't go back to X12. Bogus lines in standard and vector views.

Sounds like a video card problem?  You might want to post a picture of the problem you are seeing.  You might also want to report this to our tech support team.

As far as "going back" is concerned, you should still be able to use X12 even if you have upgraded to X13.  Once a plan is saved in X13 though, you will not be able to open it in X12.  If you brought a plan forward from X12, the program will automatically create a copy of the original plan that you can still open up in X12.  I highly recommend that you make your own backups though.

14 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

My perspective overviews are not being nice to me in X13 and now I can't go back to X12. Bogus lines in standard and vector views.

Update your video card driver, AMD released a consumer driver the Adrenalin 21.6.1 version to resolve some issues in X13 that were on their end.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Dermot said:

Sounds like a video card problem?  You might want to post a picture of the problem you are seeing.  You might also want to report this to our tech support team.

As far as "going back" is concerned, you should still be able to use X12 even if you have upgraded to X13.  Once a plan is saved in X13 though, you will not be able to open it in X12.  If you brought a plan forward from X12, the program will automatically create a copy of the original plan that you can still open up in X12.  I highly recommend that you make your own backups though.

X12 and below was perfect on my 4K monitor. Shots below are X13

image.thumb.png.b65fa0dfe06819aa8c6c5cff8db00da8.pngimage.thumb.png.d0b34b1559f354374b1ff72bc464d978.png

X13 is using an entirely new rendering engine using DirectX instead of OpenGL.  Just because something worked in X12 with your current drivers does not mean it will work the same in X13.

Please try updating your drivers (as suggested by Ed).  If this does not solve your issues, then you should contact our tech support team.

Thanks guys, after my PC went nuts after the download and losing one monitor for a bit, it magically fixed itself. I almost had a heart attack on that one. It took several restarts.

BTW, sorry for hijacking this thread.

I am having the exact same problem as Rob.  I have updated the driver (AMD Radeon R7 M460).  It is compatible per system requirements. 

I made sure Chief is directed to that  driver.   So Rob, did you find a solution?  I sent my info to Support yesterday but wanted to see if you found

the answer while I wait.  (see image below)

Susan Nowland

www.NowlandDesign.com

Desktop: Intel i7-7700T CPU @2.90GHz, Ram -16.0 GB, 64 bit, AMD Radeon R7 M460

for chief.jpg

Both cards seem to support Shader 6 , so you might have found another bug in the AMD Drivers mentioned above

AMD released a consumer driver the Adrenalin 21.6.1 version to resolve some issues in X13 that were on their end.

kbird

Thanks for your help, the Adrenalin 21.6.1 gives me an error message and is not compatible with my driver.   I have uninstalled the correct driver (several times) and reinstalled and it says the update driver is dated 6/21/2021 but after install it shows the driver date of 5/11/2021.  I have spent the last 8 hours trying to fix to no avail.  Still grainy images from Chief.  I have tech working on it.  But I am curious if anyone else has had the same issue with AMD Radeon drivers.  Thanks for your help.

I thought I would post the response from Support in case this helps anyone else. 

"It appears that AMD has not rolled out an equivalent driver for mobile cards as they did for desktop cards. We were working with AMD to resolve this and they released a driver on June 29th for desktop cards it appears, but they didn't release the equivalent driver yet for mobile cards. I'll bring this up with our development department to work with AMD some more to hopefully get the mobile equivalent out soon.

Best regards,

Katherine
Technical Support
Chief Architect"

• Upvote 1