X13 is out of Beta

Gawdzira

If you have updated to the release version of X13, have you done a PBR with RT and line overlay? I noticed that the line overlay in the beta version at line thickness 3 was still fine and crisp. Now at 3 it looks like a conte crayon after a fifth of Vodka.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzira said:

Now at 3 it looks like a conte crayon after a fifth of Vodka.

I have not tried it yet but they may have made an adjustment so that it shows up properly when printed to PDF.  ??

I installed X13 last night and then this morning I watched the Chief video on all the new features while having one of my new plans open. Then as she taught about  many of the new features I would flip over to my plan and try it out, so it imprints in my mind. No way to remember everything but I knew if I tried it, maybe I would remember more of them.  Lots of nice new features I will use and I am really excited about the new version.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Gawdzira said:

If you have updated to the release version of X13, have you done a PBR with RT and line overlay? I noticed that the line overlay in the beta version at line thickness 3 was still fine and crisp. Now at 3 it looks like a conte crayon after a fifth of Vodka.

Yes, just noticed. This is a HUGE letdown. The really fine lines looked great and now all the lines are too thick. I think they need to insert at least 2 lighter line weights in before Line Weight 1.

1 minute ago, robdyck said:
1 hour ago, Gawdzira said:

Yes, just noticed. This is a HUGE letdown. The really fine lines looked great and now all the lines are too thick. I think they need to insert at least 2 lighter line weights in before Line Weight 1.

It may just be a temporary patch.  The problem was that when printed the line weight was only displaying as about 10% of the set line weight. So you would have needed to set it at about 30 to get 3.  And 30 does look ridiculous on your monitor.  I suggested to them that it should look pretty much the same on the computer screen as the PDF so it may be a work in progress still.

Just now, Chopsaw said:

It may just be a temporary patch.  The problem was that when printed the line weight was only displaying as about 10% of the set line weight. So you would have needed to set it at about 30 to get 3.  And 30 does look ridiculous on your monitor.  I suggested to them that it should look pretty much the same on the computer screen as the PDF so it may be a work in progress still.

Who is 'printing' a picture? We need to find this person. The new image created from today's update took 3-4x longer to generate and looks quite a bit worse so plenty of settings to tweak again.:(

X13 Beta:KIT-1.thumb.jpg.b8d2ab40a257f802b7e2a5c3dc578f8f.jpg

X13:KIT-1b.thumb.jpg.d58d7bacd14b5be7a1be3807b32b8a25.jpg

2 hours ago, robdyck said:

The new image created from today's update took 3-4x longer to generate and looks quite a bit worse so plenty of settings to tweak again.:(

Hmmm... I guess it's one of those 'eye of the beholder' things.  I kind of prefer the X13 render... though the extra time is a downer.  I did notice this glitch in your Beta render too which disappears in the final version render.   Nice model/render BTW... what's that material you have on the FP?

X13.JPG

4 hours ago, robdyck said:

Who is 'printing' a picture? We need to find this person. The new image created from today's update took 3-4x longer to generate and looks quite a bit worse so plenty of settings to tweak again.:(

X13 Beta:X13:

X13 PBR looks more like Vector View now ......did you adjust the sun intensity ? as I noticed the nice Mountain scene is washed out in X13 too.

Mick

17 hours ago, DzinEye said:

Hmmm... I guess it's one of those 'eye of the beholder' things.  I kind of prefer the X13 render... though the extra time is a downer.  I did notice this glitch in your Beta render too which disappears in the final version render.   Nice model/render BTW... what's that material you have on the FP?

X13.JPG

Good eye Mark! I think that's the only real problem with that render. The FP material is Dekton / Industrial Collection / Trilium.

16 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

X13 PBR looks more like Vector View now ......did you adjust the sun intensity ?

The example posted from X13 had no adjustments made. Interestingly enough I found another example of a slight difference in PBR/RT but without lines. The transparency of my window covering fabric has been rendered ineffective.

X13 Beta:image.thumb.png.2e8252321ca514cf7e232f2ca45efebf.png

X13:image.thumb.png.304a821d5dc38dc9207d398af611dd2e.png

One thing they are apparently still working on is the PBR tree shadows.  I just took this quick view in the new X13 in PBR to check one of the issues that is a big problem for my work, and while the inside detail is great, the outside still looks quite sad.  On the good side, it was basically instantaneous to get that great looking metal faucet and very realistic shadowing on the kitchen counter, etc. 

2021 07 01 New X13 PBR render 02.JPG