Cabinet multi-door handle location issue

jtcapa1

I have a client with a specific cabinet they want in their nook and I thought I could draft it easy enough with the door hardware, but quickly found that CA seems to have a limit to how cabinet door handles are located.  It seems to be global to the specific cabinet, so even though I can have a top or bottom hinge cabinet door, or two banks of double doors, the handle locator is off.

I've had this issue for years with pantry cabinets when I want the handles close to each other, but this is the first time I've tried a combo unit with two different style of doors.  The main issue is that CA does not want to display the handle for the top hinged door at the top or bottom but defaults to the side??

door handle issue.jpg

10 minutes ago, jtcapa1 said:

The main issue is that CA does not want to display the handle for the top hinged door at the top or bottom but defaults to the side??

I believe this is the same issue MarkMc just asked about ... perhaps it was in suggestions, but Michael suggested the solution which was to set the hardware offset to zero.
I'll see if I can find the OP and post it..

Yep.. it was in Suggestions

15 hours ago, jtcapa1 said:

I have a client with a specific cabinet they want in their nook and I thought I could draft it easy enough with the door hardware, but quickly found that CA seems to have a limit to how cabinet door handles are located.  It seems to be global to the specific cabinet, so even though I can have a top or bottom hinge cabinet door, or two banks of double doors, the handle locator is off.

I've had this issue for years with pantry cabinets when I want the handles close to each other, but this is the first time I've tried a combo unit with two different style of doors.  The main issue is that CA does not want to display the handle for the top hinged door at the top or bottom but defaults to the side??

door handle issue.jpg

Select the desired face item, click on the Appliance/Door/Drawer Specify button, and then study those settings.

• Upvote 1