deep house plans

BruceKC

Many of our new plans (for builders) are now deeper (front to back) than they are wide.  They're too deep for a standard 24x36" Arch D sheet unless we change our construction drawing layout to Arch D in portrait mode...but that looks really weird, never seen one before.  Anyone else have this problem?  We're not sure what to do. 

Do it all the time. Basic architectural drafting standard (at least when I learned it in the 60's) is the main entry faces the bottom of the sheet or the right. When I change to a smaller scale such as 1/8" I send as a key plan and separate into 1/4" plans at logical and clearly marked break lines

I have a set of plans right now from a client who hired me to make some changes since they couldn't get in touch with the previous designer. (retired a few years back). He had the home sideways which really throws you off looking at it when the main entry is to the right. I was taught from day one in college 25 years ago and then working with builders, do whatever it takes to make at least the floorplan 1/4"=1'-0". I have kept every single plan on 24x36 since. Here is an example of another home I just finished with your same situation. I will do this every time when the need arises.

image.thumb.png.a62231c11e62f8bb5bcb8317c1577449.png