How To Maintain Equal Distance Spacing?

Evolution

Go to solution Solved by Evolution,

I have several window walls with multiple windows that need to be spaced equally. I assumed that once I get a section drawn I could select it all and copy/paste, or even better create an architectural block that can be reused, but setting up the first wall has become a monumental task.

I have reached a point of frustration that I need to move on to something else and give it a rest, however; I did do a word search In the ref and user manuals as well as the KB with no luck. I am sure one or more of you have figured this operation out and might be able to offer direction?  I did attempt zooming in, selecting the dimensions one by one, but no hand cursor popped up for me to select the dimensions.

I have not tried the block yet to see if I can created it and some how set the dimensions in advance?

Thanks in advance!

post-1662-0-05084500-1418312237_thumb.jpg

Lot's of ways of doing this.

I did this quickly by setting up one window, setting the multiple copy distance to get what I wanted and then used multiple copy to build the windows. Then group select the windows and center them in the room. You can also block them into a mulled unit. At the spacing they are at they will automatically mull together. But if you block them you can then copy paste them to new locations if you would like.

post-7-0-05830500-1418316336_thumb.png

I would also like to point out the Align Distribute along Line option.  Not so much for this circumstance, but rather just as an FYI that this tool can be a very good solution when the ordinary methods are not appropriate.

Just thought you might like to know about this as well for when you may need it.  I use it a lot myself because it allows me to choose the points of reference by placing the line start and end points.

You can also use "Minimum Separation" in the window defaults to set your distance between windows, center the 1st window & then copy/paste, etc.

w/ Minimum Separation set, you can just paste the copy anywhere along the wall & then "slam" it into the adjacent window. Copy/Paste/Reflect about that center window can be used also. Once that middle window is centered, you should get equal distance to the corners as long as the separation is the same between all the windows.

I like doing it this way: I don't have to mess around w/ the multiple copy distance &/or transform/replicate dbxs.

Several ways to get it done. They all work.

post-120-0-63683500-1418318019_thumb.jpg

• Solution

Lot's of ways of doing this.

I did this quickly by setting up one window, setting the multiple copy distance to get what I wanted and then used multiple copy to build the windows. Then group select the windows and center them in the room. You can also block them into a mulled unit. At the spacing they are at they will automatically mull together. But if you block them you can then copy paste them to new locations if you would like.

Doug, this worked perfectly!

Thanks

• 6 years later...