X-13 PDF Behavior? Old Bug?

HumbleChief

Hi all, There was a problem in Chief a couple versions ago where Chief would not import an updated PDF but would instead re-import an older, existing version of a PDF. It was fixed but appears to have reared its head in X13. Can anyone confirm or has anyone seen this behavior in X-13 before I send into tech support? I think a re-boot was the only way to get it to work before and will try that now.

Thanks

There's a known issue in X13 (sorry, my fault!) where form fields in editable PDFs won't render correctly. I'm working on a fix. In the meantime, you may be able to work around the issue by opening the PDF in your preferred PDF viewer, printing it to another PDF, and importing that into Chief.

• Upvote 1

THANKS BEN!! Very helpful and appreciate the quick response. I can also take a picture and send that to Layout and will stop the crazy on this end.

Took your advice and printed to a new PDF file and it worked a treat. Something I'll remember for the future as well.

Thanks

30 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Here's a bad question. Are there any other "known issues" we should know about? I just spent an hour trying to figure that out.

Ouch. Having spent an hour this morning on the phone with my Internet provider, I feel your pain.

We don't have an official list, unfortunately, although I'd like to see us provide something like that in the future. (I'm not the one who manages that sort of thing, though). We generally try to keep an eye on the forums and note issues that our customers are running into, though (gotta do something while the code is building!), so dropping a thread here or contacting the support team, although perhaps not the most expedient solution in all cases, is probably your best bet for the time being when Chief behaves in a way that seems unexpected.