PDF prints portrait instead landscape

DanielleDubuc

Hello everyone.

Cute PDF Writer prints portrait oriented pages instead of landscape even if that last option is checked in the Print Layout window. This is the first time it appends to me and I've been trying to find why for a few hours now. All was working great and I didn't change any thing.

I tried to reinstall Cute PDF and reboot the computer several times with no success.

Has anybody already encountered that issue? If yes, can you tell me how to fix it please?

Thanks in advance

Danielle

Here are 3 folders  showing my configuration, the PDF I got today and the good one that was printed lately.

Working with Chief Architect X12

MSI GT70 2PE Dominator Pro

GTX880M

Windows 10

CA PDF issue 2.jpg

CA PDF issue.jpg

CA print issue.jpg

10 minutes ago, Ridge_Runner said:
2 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Not sure why you would not be using the Chief Architect print to PDF since it is about the best available ?

For me, it creates a much larger PDF file. We've discussed this dead horse several times in the past.

True it does create a larger file but you can't seem to match the quality with other print drivers.  Unfortunately I think there is a file size issue with the current version of X13.

12 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

True it does create a larger file but you can't seem to match the quality with other print drivers

I agree totally. I tried several PDF print drivers; finally settled on Bullzip. The problem with most, other than CA's, is the "tiling"  they use for the final image. That leaves light and dark tiles in the final output, which I don't like at all. CA doesn't do it that way, apparently, and their output is clean. But, I live in a rural area and my internet connection is very slow. The large PDF's become a real problem real quick having to share them with the rest of the world.

Thank you all. Chopsaw, I was so used to print with Cute PDF with my Chief older version than I didn't even realize I could to use Chief save to PDF!

I just tried it and actually it works great. But the file big. As I mainly sent the files to my clients for their residential project, I don't need that extra quality.

I don,t know what happened with Cute PDF lately, but I will try the Bullzip driver mentioned by Ridge_Runner.

Thanks again to all of you for your answers!

Danielle

Just a little update. I tried with Bullzip and the same issue came back. As I can see, the problem comes from Chief. The only option that works is the Chief save to file. But I would really like to create smaller PDF files

Danielle

I still use PDF995

which use to come with Chief in the "old days"

I haven't used it with Chief since X9

but I use it for anything else on the web etc I want to save to PDF

I assume Chief's PDF writer can be used outside of Chief ?

I also use PDF995 Edit and the suite of tools that come with PDF995 if you buy it

Lew

5 hours ago, DanielleDubuc said:

Just a little update. I tried with Bullzip and the same issue came back. As I can see, the problem comes from Chief. The only option that works is the Chief save to file. But I would really like to create smaller PDF files

There are a few users that compress with Acrobat after printing with Chief Architect and it seems to work pretty well.

Print with ca PDFs in color. It will maintain all the fills and shadings. Open in adobe can reduce the file size by quite a lot. Then i print it to another adobe pdf in b&w. It will maintain all the fills and shadings. 

• Like 1

I generally use Nuance PDF and don't have any problems.

Sometimes I use Chief Architect print to PDF

In any event, I set the resolution to 300 dpi vs 600 dpi which drastically reduces the file size.  I don't see much differences in the PDF clarity.