Benchmark tests for X13 Video Cards and Motherboards

jtcapa1

I'm hoping to get some help in puzzling out if I should upgrade my existing system, or cash out my IRA to buy a top of the line system?

Real world RT time test would be very helpful for us.

The only way I can think to do this is by rendering a file that has some preset lighting and have everyone with a GPU capable system render the same camera setting for a specific number of passes.

Just turn all all the lights and see how long it takes to do 10 passes.

NOTE that it does not do "passes" the way CPU RT does so it's a bit subjective. I'll play along and try on with both GPUs I've got.

Pick one of the Chief samples to work with.

1. We could time it to when we think it looks good, that will be in seconds in most cases, and then post a screen shot of when we think it's good though how that looks will depend on the monitor res and what is used for the screen shot (not crazy about chief's). This is what most people talk about when they are noting how fast it is.
  2. Export picture and time it is an option. That will take longer-this is the least subjective approach IMO.edit realized this brings the drive into play so not ideal
  3. There is a setting to cap live samples and one can monitor when the GPU drops back down to 0% usage, that takes minutes instead of seconds. GPU-Z, HWinfo each will monitor usage, both are free but I doubt many will want to play along with tthat