Tape Measure resolution

meekinsj

11 minutes ago, meekinsj said:

Seems like it should be.  Mine is set at 1" increments.  I guess it could be tied to the snap resolution.  

What do you mean by the resolution of the tape measure? Are you talking about the tape measure's icon? Are you talking about the dimension string text size? Are you talking about the dimension strings arrow size? and what is set to 1" increments?

18 minutes ago, meekinsj said:

Seems like it should be.  Mine is set at 1" increments.  I guess it could be tied to the snap resolution.  

I think what you are getting at is that the tape measure tool is useless unless you turn off your grid snaps to use it.

This should be automatic if not an optional default setting but not really sure who would use it to measure their grid.;)

4 hours ago, meekinsj said:

Good guess ....> Defaults > Plan > Snap Unit          I have to go in 2-3 times a day as there is no dropdown/quick access method for it

Or Hold CTRL temporarily ( breaks snap) as you make the Clicks to measure something.

KB