Can't seem to figure out custom roof pitch

PineridgeDan

Hi, I am currently designing a simple garage. They would like a small entry area potting shed added to the eave side. The roof of main structure is going to be a 8"  pitch gable. I'd like to get the entry area a 3"  pitch shed roof or what ever it takes to get in under the eave. I can not figure out how to make a separate roof pitches. I have read articles and experimented ad nauseum, It always either changes both roof lines and connects them when I just want them to be separate from one another. Is it because the potting shed/entry wall is a shared wall with the rest of garage? I can't figure out how to get that structure to be separate from the main structure. Please help

Roof issue.jpg

roof issue 2.jpg

Assuming you are using Premiere version:

1. Draw a manual roof plane along the exterior line of the long wall of the short bump out.

2. Select the big roof plane DBX and highlight and copy the number of the "Fascia Top Hight", then close that DBX

3. Select the new little roof plane DBX and then change the pitch to 3" click the lock, then paste the number you copied to the ridge and hit enter. 

image.thumb.png.76559261662c1634d0c04f0e9444b28e.png