Appreciating Mike Nuess - Long Time Contributer and Responsible-Building Advocate

ChiefArchitect

Mike.thumb.png.dd47b9f157318867009649fe3cc9ee51.png

In 1998, as Chief Architect began ramping up training services to include video and classroom resources, we found and embraced Mike Nuess into our company family. If you have spent any time building your skills while watching training videos, it is likely that that you've encountered Mike's voice with his calm and reliable countenance and thorough explanations. He has been a long-time institution in our small corner of the software world and one that will be greatly missed but easily remembered.

We all lost Mike on Sunday, June 13, 2021.

Mike played many roles as part of our family. He was the 'voice' of Chief Architect's training videos for many years; he also regularly contributed as a classroom trainer, feature presenter, and one-on-one expert at trade-show events and company functions. He mastered the program and offered insights to help make it better for us all. Mike's knowledge in the building industry goes much, much deeper than design software. His passion for sustainable practices fueled the pursuit, publication, and creation of projects that aimed to fulfill these values. You can learn from his findings in a legacy of information that he created on his website: https://www.teleologics.org/

Those of us who worked with Mike will miss a man who was kind, thoughtful, and intentional, who stopped in for easy chats and soft chuckles, and who was always interested in sharing, teaching, and bettering his world. Those who didn't meet Mike will benefit from his past teachings and the future sharings of his insights and works.

Please join us in pausing for a moment to remember Mike Nuess.

From all of us at Chief Architect, we want to say: Thank you, Mike! We are grateful for what you have given us and let us carry away with us as we grow. You will be missed, Sir.

• Upvote 6

Besides being a thoroughly knowledgeable Chief expert, his voice could lull one to sleep. He had a great sense of humor about that, or so I gathered from the few conversations we had. He was a good human. I imagine you all miss him terribly.

5 hours ago, Adam_Gibson said:

Besides being a thoroughly knowledgeable Chief expert, his voice could lull one to sleep. He had a great sense of humor about that, or so I gathered from the few conversations we had. 

I  fell asleep to many of his videos. I always thought that he would have had a great career as a professional hypnotist.