Nvidia GTX 1070 and Realtime Raytracing in X13

amddrafting

1 hour ago, parkwest said:

Now I am getting these yellow splotches!  

Quite a trick :wacko:

All I have left is see what's up by using GPU-Z. Found here

image.thumb.png.1493c0b5b642eff2f94c15bc719da0e7.pngimage.thumb.png.242dbf4e99f2d07616a6cdda569ff8bf.png

See what the temperature is doing, occasional voltage related performance cap is normal on my 3070 

On same page is NVCleanstall which does a clean installation of Nvidia drivers (have to result the performance preference after that. Check driver version first, then have a copy of current and an older driver. I'd try rolling back one first a driver version, if no joy then a clean install of new, if still no joy well...I've got nothin.

2 hours ago, parkwest said:

Boy! What an adventure…

Mark, I did the nvidia driver routine with tech support already.

I am going to go back and check all the suggestions on here to make sure I didn’t overlook any.

This all points to a driver issue to me, Have you done a complete driver delete and wipe?

I don't know what to look at but here is what the screen shows when I went PBR on Chief... (screen shot on right)

The GPU load got as high as 98%.

One thing different now is Chief didn't crash after I turned the camera back to Standard mode but my second screen is still covered with green specks? (screen shot left)

Oh yeah, nvidea had another driver update this morning.  

image.thumb.png.c9c794d7fd1d13f6b6409ced6d6f89bd.pngimage.thumb.png.7fce1617f16beec944a652307c09b045.png

What brand card do you have?

Go to the manufacture's website and look for a firmware update for your card.

2080ti's had speed problems with the original bios on some cards.

They admitted to problems with early cards too.

Some were fixed with a video card firmware update.

This looks like the same problem some people had at launch of the 2080ti.

Hopefully it isn't your card failing.

EVGA GeForce RTX Ultra 2080Ti - screen artifacts and system crashes... - EVGA Forums

On 6/9/2021 at 3:47 PM, parkwest said:

On 6/9/2021 at 3:47 PM, parkwest said:

Here is what I currently have:

image.thumb.png.3d0d228330004071060749b38a4f417f.pngimage.thumb.png.56502c5016061a44013e18a23d0163e6.png

Now I am getting these yellow splotches!  

HELP!

• Upvote 1

Parkwest,

I was having the same issue with the RTX2080TI.

If you have an Alienware computer with the Command Center you need to turn off the Nahimic Audio Software as this can cause various video card problems with Chief Architect.

• Upvote 1

On 6/11/2021 at 1:10 PM, a5uperman said:

What brand card do you have?

Go to the manufacture's website and look for a firmware update for your card.

2080ti's had speed problems with the original bios on some cards.

They admitted to problems with early cards too.

Some were fixed with a video card firmware update.

This looks like the same problem some people had at launch of the 2080ti.

Hopefully it isn't your card failing.

EVGA GeForce RTX Ultra 2080Ti - screen artifacts and system crashes... - EVGA Forums

After contacting nvidia and showing them what was going on, they looked at the date of my graphic card and instructed me to contact msi for an exchange.  MSI suggested I contact Cyberpower, the people who put the computer together because they had a quicker exchange program than MSI and my computer wouldn’t be down for 4 to 6 weeks.

Cyberpower informs me that their exchange program warranty was only good for 12 months and I need to go back to the card manufacturer, MSI.

Anyway, I ended up buying a new EVGA rtx 3070 for $1200, which is scheduled to arrive next Tuesday.

UPDATE: Just checked and FedEx has my graphic card out for delivery today, Friday.  Thank you FedEx!

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2021 at 7:10 AM, parkwest said:

After contacting nvidia and showing them what was going on, they looked at the date of my graphic card and instructed me to contact msi for an exchange.  MSI suggested I contact Cyberpower, the people who put the computer together because they had a quicker exchange program than MSI and my computer wouldn’t be down for 4 to 6 weeks.

Cyberpower informs me that their exchange program warranty was only good for 12 months and I need to go back to the card manufacturer, MSI.

Anyway, I ended up buying a new EVGA rtx 3070 for $1200, which is scheduled to arrive next Tuesday.

UPDATE: Just checked and FedEx has my graphic card out for delivery today, Friday.  Thank you FedEx!

sounds and looks like GPU Artifacting to me especially the "Green" fireflies , don't let MSI off the hook that 2080Ti is still a valuable Card, get that RMA setup....I am surprised they don't have an Advance RMA though.( you provide CC for a cross-ship and they put a Hold on)

KB

8 minutes ago, KBCASC said:

sounds and looks like GPU Artifacting to me especially the "Green" fireflies , don't let MSI off the hook that 2080Ti is still a valuable Card, get that RMA setup....I am surprised they don't have an Advance RMA though.( you provide CC for a cross-ship and they put a Hold on)

KB

Cross-ship is what I wanted from Cyberpower until I found out, due to shortage of cards, might be 4 to 6 weeks out.  I was able to snag a 3070 so I will probably use the new 2080ti, whenever I get it, to upgrade my other computer… unless someone makes me an offer I can’t refuse on the 2080.

6 hours ago, parkwest said:

Cross-ship is what I wanted from Cyberpower until I found out, due to shortage of cards, might be 4 to 6 weeks out.  I was able to snag a 3070 so I will probably use the new 2080ti, whenever I get it, to upgrade my other computer… unless someone makes me an offer I can’t refuse on the 2080.

MSI may not be as slow?  I had to RMA a Mobo recently to MSI and it took about 2 weeks though I was told 4-6 weeks like you...

KB

• Upvote 1