lineup 6" siding ICF pony walls

DianeP

15 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

image.png.f0fa83b9d8da0c09a3e3aea64bdb0da0.png

Thanks for giving me ideas to look at, but the exterior choice lines the board and batton up with the exterior of the brick.  I am trying to have the exterior of the 2x6 wall line up with the exterior of the concrete in the ICF wall, which is what I have been told is the way this wall would need to be built.  Any other ideas?

14 hours ago, rgardner said:

Move your air gap and house wrap to the exterior not the main layer, then align at main layer outside.

I tried your idea.  It seemed so promising, but the airgap moved to the exterior acted like a thick wall and interfered with the roofs that I had (see picture) such that I couldn't drag the roof grips over to close the space.  It would just revert back to its original position because it thought the airgap was part of the wall.  The airgap also put another type of material on my drawing instead of the board and batten.  I tried to change the material for the airgap to board and batten, but it didn't work.  

image.thumb.png.34a6e16c6e9ecd50b893a66833d522cb.pngimage.thumb.png.2804b2a9ee72f611f0d3aa9857a30598.png

19 minutes ago, DianeP said:

Thanks for giving me ideas to look at, but the exterior choice lines the board and batton up with the exterior of the brick.  I am trying to have the exterior of the 2x6 wall line up with the exterior of the concrete in the ICF wall, which is what I have been told is the way this wall would need to be built.  Any other ideas?

image.thumb.png.0e027abdeecda51902f85aa208481677.png

image.thumb.png.6f6a60de3d46612537e58f2a34712718.png

image.thumb.png.6ec6d9770b74d0f8ea51bcc53fbf54d1.png

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, DianeP said:

I tried your idea.  It seemed so promising, but the airgap moved to the exterior acted like a thick wall and interfered with the roofs that I had (see picture) such that I couldn't drag the roof grips over to close the space.  It would just revert back to its original position because it thought the airgap was part of the wall.  The airgap also put another type of material on my drawing instead of the board and batten.  I tried to change the material for the airgap to board and batten, but it didn't work.  

image.thumb.png.34a6e16c6e9ecd50b893a66833d522cb.pngimage.thumb.png.2804b2a9ee72f611f0d3aa9857a30598.png

Sorry I was doing that on my phone so no pics.  But no air gap for that and especially not on the outside of the exterior layer,   I was saying to move the airgap and brick and everything to the exterior layer, make your main layer of the concrete and the framing layer be in your main layer only and everything on the outside of that in the exterior layer, (i.e. Interior layer: drywall, main layer, fir framing, exterior layer: osb, house wrap, board and batten.)  Like Chop is showing above.  BTW your cursor says you need to rebuild your terrain. ;)

• Upvote 1