Perspective Overview wall layers

anicholas

Go to solution Solved by rgardner,

Hello

I'm not sure if this is user error or not.  I am wanting to render out the framing with exterior sheeting, a render with house wrap, one with exterior insulation, etcetera.  Then I could take the images into Photoshop and create something like the attached image to show my wall assembly.  The fact that Chief shows this in the 3D library makes me wonder. Am I just not seeing how to do this?  I went into the wall type definitions panel and moved the plywood layer to the Main Layers, but then it wants to "build Platform to Exterior of Layer" Plywood.  I can't change it to the Fir Stud layer, yet I can change the Dimensions and Foundation to the Fir stud layer.  That would change everything dimension wise, I could save as and go for it and delete the thing once done, but was curious if I just missed something. Thank you for any help.

Andy

WallTypes.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 10.34.59 AM.png

Thank you all for the replies.  I'm not sure how to do the option mentioned below.  If it's easy to explain, would you mind sharing how to do that?

On 6/8/2021 at 11:28 AM, rgardner said:

Pretty sure that they used a standard framed wall with different wall material regions shaped and cutting the layers back.

• Solution
7 minutes ago, anicholas said:

Thank you all for the replies.  I'm not sure how to do the option mentioned below.  If it's easy to explain, would you mind sharing how to do that?

1.) Wall Elevation

2.) Place and shape a wall material region (set to thickness that will get you to the right layer you want to see and set the material as "opening no material" and set it to cut the parent finish layer.

3.) Copy and paste in place and change shape and change settings

Example If you have a 5.5" framing > 7/16" OSB Sheathing > 1/16" house wrap > 1/2" Siding wall then you would have a material region of no material 1" thick to show the framing, 9/16" thick to show osb sheathing, and 1/2" thick to show the house wrap.