Break wall button

Scharp

I just updated to X12.  On previous versions I used the Break Wall button frequently.  I have looked everywhere for it in the new version.  Where the heck is it located....TIA

They added the wall break tool to the actively selected tool bar so walls now break similar to everything else. Just select the wall you need to break and you will find the tool come up under the actively selected tool bar. Similar to all other objects this can also be quickly accessed by selecting the wall and hitting the number "3" on you keyboard.

For more info refer to the help section.

Cheers!

P.S. the wall break tool actually still exists but is hidden because its no longer necessary with the improvements of X12. If you really miss it, you can add the tool back to your toolbars by going to the customize tool bars sections and searching for the tool. Drag and drop it where ever you want to.

15 hours ago, misterwiley said:

the wall break tool actually still exists but.... its no longer necessary

I think the Break Wall tool is still completely relevant as a standalone tool.  It allows for placing a break without having to actually select a wall. This can be particularly useful when we need to place multiple breaks in multiple walls.

26 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I think the Break Wall tool is still completely relevant as a standalone tool.  It allows for placing a break without having to actually select a wall. This can be particularly useful when we need to place multiple breaks in multiple walls.

Agreed!

5 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Exactly! I use it so much I have it added to a custom toolbar, along with several commonly used tools.