Can i just draw in this program?

Doug-ib

Im having a-lot of issues with this program when it comes to getting a set of plans for use for a set of blueprints. I need to be able to draw a plumbing riser and other typical details for final approval from a city. is there a way i can use this program like AutoCAD? Seems to be a whole lot of trouble to draw a few straight lines. Need some advice on how i can make this a bit easier.

3 hours ago, Doug-ib said:

Im having a-lot of issues with this program when it comes to getting a set of plans for use for a set of blueprints. I need to be able to draw a plumbing riser and other typical details for final approval from a city. is there a way i can use this program like AutoCAD? Seems to be a whole lot of trouble to draw a few straight lines. Need some advice on how i can make this a bit easier.

Hey Doug, feel your pain. The 'whole lot of trouble' most likely comes from the AutoCad experience. Chief CAN draw just about everything but pretty much everything you know about CAD from AC is done differently in Chief. Capable no doubt but you'll be part of a pretty large club who had to learn CAD in a completely different way in Chief.

• Upvote 2

Doug,

If you still have AutoCAD you can do whatever 2D drawing you want in that software and them import into your Chief Plan or Layout.  Chief allows you to import DWG, JPG, PNG & PDF.   If you are going to use AutoCAD I suggest exporting or printing to one of those formats.

My preference is to use JPG or PNG since they are the easiest to import and manipulate.  PDFs are OK but they tend to slow Chief - particularly in Printing.

Anything that you will likely use again should be saved in your User Library.

• Upvote 2

Plumbing riser and other details?  Examples?

Have you looked at the sample layouts (construction drawings) at the Chief site?  Viewed the training for CAD from Chief?

How is a plumbing riser diagram done in ACAD?  Is it 3D?