Single-wide Wayne Dalton garage door?

Of the three libraries of garage doors that Chief has, Wayne Dalton is the one that's closet to matching an existing door. However, they are all double wide. Just changing the width to 8' scrunches them up. Is there some easy way to go from double wide to single wide that I am missing? (Single to double is pretty easy, of course, and has been discussed elsewhere on this forum.)

Hi Richard,

1. Copy the desired door to your user Library
  2. Open Symbol
  3. Set "X" Stretch Planes at -48" & +48"
  4. Check "Uniform Stretch between 1 & 2"
  5. Place the Door in Plan
  6. "Open Object" and set width to 96"

Everything between those stretch planes will be gone.

You can if you want select the door in your user library and "Open Object" and set the width to 96" so that it will automatically be a single wide when placed in a wall.

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Hi Richard,

1. Copy the desired door to your user Library
  2. Open Symbol
  3. Set "X" Stretch Planes at -48" & +48"
  4. Check "Uniform Stretch between 1 & 2"
  5. Place the Door in Plan
  6. "Open Object" and set width to 96"

Everything between those stretch planes will be gone.

You can if you want select the door in your user library and "Open Object" and set the width to 96" so that it will automatically be a single wide when placed in a wall.

That's awesome Joe. Great info to quickly help us use those double doors!

I found that "Replace From Library" doesn't allow selection of Manufacturer's Garage Doors.  I've reported that problem - but in the meantime you can select your existing garage door and use the "Open Object - Library" to get those catalogs and doors.  

Strange problem - evidently never before reported.  Now it's just a matter of how long it will take to get it fixed. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Problem Solver is a great guy (totally cool accent for relaxed how to vids) but dang if he don't let the programmers off the hook with his mad skills! Guess I'll have to wait another 20 yrs for them to fix Bay and Bow windows (forgot the secret handshake again for those Bow Diddley rascals!). Onward to that Bow window thread, sorry for intruding.

• 11 months later...
18 hours ago, HardWorkingBee said:

I have a similar challenge to Richard's original post except that I am trying to do two single doors that are 9' wide each. Is there an easy way for me to accomplish that working with the existing Wayne Dalton library items?

Joe's method above should work ? ............ 

I can't explain why all the names are wrong in the WD Library though  --- a 4 pane 8' door is actually 16' wide ????

* In X14.....actually it seems the WD Doors resize to 9' ok normally , no symbol work needed, but perhaps that will depend on the Door chosen?

image.thumb.png.31760d9390946edf8495747d973f9892.png