3d viewer issue

BigKahuna

So I tried using or having a client download and use the 3d viewer for the first time.  I uploaded his project model and in general it uploaded ok.. took a while. It did have 5-7 issues of materials / textures not uploading or compatible etc as it loaded.. mostly referred to items ( i assume models ) from earlier versions like 8 or 9.  Sent him the link and he had downloaded the viewer on his android phone.

The first time he tried it the model worked and he said it was  a pretty good look and didnt notice textures missing as far as he could tell.  He said it took up 5-6 gb of ram on his phone( 12 gb)  but it worked pretty well.

Today when he tried opening it again ( using same link)  it gets stuck on obtaining the model.  Anyone have this happen ? any thoughts ?  did it download to his phone and he need to open it through file and not go back to the link ?    He downloaded  the viewer on some higher end stuff at his work and could get sample models to work but not my upload. He put it on a desk top and gets an out of memory error .  Any thoughts ?

18 hours ago, BigKahuna said:

. He put it on a desk top and gets an out of memory error .  Any thoughts ?

Ideally when uploading a model, it should have max. 500,000 surfaces and a max. texture file size of 50MB. This can be difficult to achieve for many projects.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03068/viewing-managing-and-sharing-3d-viewer-models.html

On 5/28/2021 at 11:25 AM, robdyck said:

Ideally when uploading a model, it should have max. 500,000 surfaces and a max. texture file size of 50MB. This can be difficult to achieve for many projects.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03068/viewing-managing-and-sharing-3d-viewer-models.html

Thanks, I will keep in mind.  he seems to have figured it out. he was clicking on the link  each time and it was trying to download each time.  he signed up and saved the model to his acount and now can open it up when he wants.

On 5/28/2021 at 2:01 PM, John_Charles said:

We are finding the simplest way is to do a zoom call and share the screen.  I can then walk through the model on my computer one on one with the clients....

Thanks,  Thats also another way I can use... great minds!