Help random Lines

Logan123

All I want is regular stucco walls and regular interior walls with drywall that are 4". The problem I keep having is when I use the interior dimension it goes off block or the stud and give me terrible dimensions so it messes with it.

Well I just wanna be able to remove the extra lines on a wall and have the ability when I use the interior dimensions it doesn't give me a 16th. When I add room name and it displays the dimensions it give me like 20' 2 3/18" x 15' 8 15/16". Im trying to avoid that because down here we do everything by 2" 4" 8"

You can create a custom wall type with only one layer, and make it whatever thickness you want

That should accomplish your goal but it will mess with all sorts of other aspects of the program such as 3D displays, material lists, framing plans etc etc

4 minutes ago, Logan123 said:

it give me like 20' 2 3/18" x 15' 8 15/16". Im trying to avoid that because down here we do everything by 2" 4" 8"

Lay out your rooms using temp dimensions and move-tab-enter

image.png.b02d7a6e448279d92a965ff35e74ee41.pngimage.png.9210ce3be7d86f7cd8a9376823296b24.png

using the Interior Dimension tool it always grabs to the block and it messes up measurements 

also the I was trying to figure out how to just have a complete 8" thick wall without the stucco or the drywall or any of that Im not trying to add detail it'll always be 2-d

"All I want is regular stucco walls and regular interior walls with drywall that are 4""

In the real world, interior walls are usually 4 1/2", assuming that you are using 2x4 framing and 1/2" drywall.  By default, the program is setup to create and display models much more accurately than what it sounds like you want.   

The good news is that you should be able to set things up to do exactly what you want but you will first need to learn how.  I highly recommend that you start by watching the training videos though. 

You might want to start with the Quick Start Series:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/playlists/138/quick-start-video-series.html

Then I would encourage you to watch both the wall and dimension series:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/playlists/85/walls.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/playlists/92/dimensions.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You need to decide between an accurate drawing for building and drafting conventions or a drawing that meets your visual criteria. I was doing drawings (post 2008 crash) for Realtors to show the floor plans for marketing. I made a wall of various thickness's, single layer. That sounds like what you want.

2 hours ago, Logan123 said:

also the I was trying to figure out how to just have a complete 8" thick wall without the stucco or the drywall or any of that Im not trying to add detail it'll always be 2-d

Like I said, single-layer wall, make it whatever thickness you want, and it will do what you want

It will screw with the 3D but you just said that doesn't matter, so there you go

1890968302_ScreenShot2021-05-26at5_48_26PM.thumb.png.7afa6f048abb604e15abd3c587f3ea49.png