Bachelor View Foundation Wall Issue

ChiefRosieRue

I'm a relatively new user and am working my way through the Bachelor View project after the Chic Cottage project disappeared. I'm at video 6, "Creating Rooms and Defining the Ceilings" but I noticed something funky going on with some of my walls from the foundation/basement showing up on the first floor. I'm sure part of the issue is that some of my wall heights/foundation/stem walls are off, but the videos don't show what my defaults should be set to. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you! 

243178121_bachelorviewwalls.thumb.JPG.d403d231302187d72cda125924eb856b.JPG

Edited by ChiefRosieRue
added tags

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the advice. I did download the plan and figured out that it was an issue with the pony wall and its components. The stone layer on the exterior wall came in at a thickness of 4" instead of a veneer at 1 9/16" which is what is on the Bachelor View plan. I matched my layers and thicknesses on those walls to what is in the finished plan and that seems to have taken care of the issue. 

Thanks again!

~Leanne

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Tmbrstone
    Newest Member
    Tmbrstone

• By BryanXG
      When you place a cabinet as a blind corner, CA automatically adjusts the filler and door size for the exposed portion of the cabinet.
      The filler is 2" wide... we typically work with 3" fillers to make sure there is clearance on the adjoining cabinet hardware.
      How can this default be changed?, as having to add a vertical blank each time is getting old.

Thank you for any suggestions.
    • By CastleLake
      Newbie to Home Designer Pro! I've watched a bunch of tutorials, taken the bootcamp, and searched the help system and forum... Seems like I'm missing something very simple?

How do you make a wall that has exterior on both sides? For example: an exterior accent wall (like the pony wall (?) in the pic coming off the left-side of the entry) OR specifically the walls making up the exposed Covered Entry in the pic--which would have a foundation, ceiling, roof, and most-importantly an exterior layer (stone) on both sides? Do I need to create this type of wall from scratch? Isn't this a common thing?

I've tried create a new wall type and altering a specific drawn exterior wall to no avail. Scratching my head here and feeling silly that I can't figure it out! 

• By Csnrv2019
      The plan I have attached is currently a mess and I am in the process of cleaning and finalizing, however I am having issue with creating a foundation wall that allows a 24 inch floor truss to be set inside the foundation wall along with using a 8inch block and then using 4 inch block on the top 2 courses. Has anyone ever accomplished this? TIA, Mike

2021-10-13 Curtis Plan to Chief Help.zip
    • By Mardie
      Of Course on a deadline and never experienced this in 20 years!  HELP!  See attached.  Working on elevations.  Using exactly the same cross section elevation, but one is coming up as "Active Defaults" and one is coming up as "1/4" Defaults", there is not an option for "Active Defaults" in the drop down.  Creating havoc on Notes.  Have not idea how to fix this.  Thanks!  Mardie

• By norryboy
      Has anyone else experienced cabinet reveals changing from X12 to X13? I have attached images from an identical plan that was created in X12 from a cabinet library I created. The X12 shows as I would expect. X13 shows as expected as well. The difference starts when inserting cabinets from the library I created into X13.
      Chief has changed/added some default settings. The overlays in X12 are in the Box Construction section of the defaults. The overlays in X13 are in the Drawer Face Item Specification.
      The cabinet in X13 had the overlay changed form the default 3/4" from X12 to 1/16" when inserted into X13. I'm guessing it's because the overlay defaults have been moved to the Drawer/Door face item specification.
      I really don't want to have to redo the entire cabinet library as there are hundreds of them. The reason the library was created is due to our cabinet supplier having specific cabinet callouts.

Thank you for any help.