Setting a zero-zero point

DavidJPotter

Also, probably better off not using a temporary point which is what the Input Point tool uses.

You will loose it if you delete temporary points.

Probably better to use a Point Marker.

Alan,

You can't move or relocate 0,0,0.

I’ve been doing this for many years now, I have a locked layer for my origin, and I call it just that, Origin, I use a marker instead.

Additionally I have a set canvas area in another locked layer that defines the extents of my work area and my elevation cameras are set at each limit of the canvas center lines. Great to see how others come up with similar tricks. 

When I first started using chief, I would setup the drawing sheet under file-print command and then click on the drawing sheet icon to show me what my work area was.

On a new plan the 0,0 mark showed up in the center of the drawing sheet.

I find myself with the drawing sheet open on my plans. I  center the drawing sheet on the 0,0 seems to keep things better aligned. when you create a new floor sheet seems to stay stacked with no issues.

On 5/27/2021 at 9:23 AM, parkwest said:

When I first started using chief, I would setup the drawing sheet under file-print command and then click on the drawing sheet icon to show me what my work area was.

This is what I do, and then adjust scale to match what I will send to layout

I tried this 0,0 marker with the drawing sheet being shown.  if I change the scale of the drawing sheet to match what I will send to layout, the marker stays outside the new "smaller" sheet9it was on the bottom left corner for the larger sheet). i.e. the 0,0 marker for a 1/4" scale sheet does not move to the bottom corner of that same sheet once I change it to 3/8".  My guess is I should move the new sized sheet down to that marker so the send to layout shows in the right place