CABINETRY - HOW TO MAKE OVERLAY DOORS SIT FLUSH WITH ADJACENT FILLER / PANEL READY FRIDGE OR SHOW ON PLAN VIEW

Hi All

I'm drawing a cabinet for a panel ready fridge and freezer that are a side by side unit, with upper cupboards above them that I want to align vertically, ie I want the cupboard doors to align with the panels of the fridge freezer. The uppers are frame less with the doors being overlays.

I have also placed cabinet partitions beside the fridge/freezer on either side.

My dilemma is this....

In plan view, the partitions and uppers are the same depth and align, however the overlaid doors don't show at all.  This means that the cabinetry made to the dimensions I nominate will be incorrect as the doors will sit proud.  It shows up in 3D

In the image below, the red line is the location of the cupboard door, and the green line is where I want it, or alternatively I need to recess the uppers (but have the doors showing so it is not looking like a recess). 

Is there a setting I am missing?

Thank you

Screenshot 2021-05-25 19.37.36.png

Would need fridge specs to provide any workable advice.

12 hours ago, John_Charles said:

Is there a setting I am missing?

An overlay cabinet is what it is; all that can be changed is the reveals.

I'd be looking into the fridge installation specs for a solution; or provide them here.

10 minutes ago, John_Charles said:

No... what relevance does that have to the question?

He asks because its not really a drafting standard to show it that way.  but if you need to show it make your side panels 24 3/4" deep and use a cad box to show your doors/drawer fronts in 2d.  It will show correctly in 3d

Have you tried turning on "Show Closed Doors/Drawers in Plan Views" in your General Cabinet defaults?  This will display the closed door in a plan view and it should always match what it looks like in a camera view.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Dermot said:

Have you tried turning on "Show Closed Doors/Drawers in Plan Views" in your General Cabinet defaults?  This will display the closed door in a plan view and it should always match what it looks like in a camera view.

THANK YOU Dermot!!! Just what I was looking for.....