Organize manufacturers library

RGWhite

The manufacturers library has everything listed alphabetic order.  I would like to organize per subject.  Any way to do this under the existing manufacturers catalog that the program comes with?  Under Users catalog I see "new folder" but not in the other. 

You cannot customize Chief's installed libraries.  You can customize your 'User Library'.  I'm away from my computer but this should get you going.

Create a new folder.  Go back and select the manufacturer folder you want to customize.  Right click, select copy.  Browse to your custom folder, right click, paste shortcut.  The folder will be copied to the new location AND will maintain the link to Chief's folder to stay up to date when you 'update library'.  It'll take some time but I think it's worth it if you like to see everything together.

If you copy/paste the folder to the user library you will lose the ability to update the user library folder.  Copy/paste shortcut maintains the update link.

I have my user library set up with shortcuts to the core, bonus and manufacturer's catalogs by category.  It works well for me.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/26/2021 at 5:43 AM, MoeGia said:

If you copy/paste the folder to the user library you will lose the ability to update the user library folder.  Copy/paste shortcut maintains the update link.

Moe is spot on with this.  However, there's a subtle difference:

• Copy/Paste the shortcut doesn't provide for editing the actual symbols
  • Copy/Paste the folder or anything in it makes the symbols "editable"

If you just need organization then Copy?Paste the shortcut(s)

It would be nice if CA would provide a way to edit Symbols in the Manufacturers Libraries.  Often they don't have all the options or stretch planes, etc set correctly.