Remodel in AZ - looking for someone that can measure and draw up existing house in HD Pro

chiefeadam

Not sure what the official ask/profession is but ideally id like to find someone local to the Phoenix area that could come and measure my house and draw up the existing layout so it can be manipulated in Home Designer Pro.

We are looking to remodel the house and I'd like to draw up some ideas in HD but I don't know where to start on mapping the existing house accurately. Ultimately I'd get an architect to complete the final plans - i assume using these professionally measured and draw up house plan as a base.

Any recommendations, services or advice on better ways to do this would be gratefully receive.

Thanks, Adam

Have you tried the Canvas app? 

https://canvas.io/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=SEM&utm_campaign=3DScanning&utm_content=3DScanning&gclid=CjwKCAjw-qeFBhAsEiwA2G7Nl11bVWa2J6RtcKuDVGSlTBM1L2Bo8l3o0I-hMrDqlyxV-1rYI7-fERoC2K4QAvD_BwE

Not perfect, you will still need to go back and remeasure, but it will measure and create the Chief Architect X12 file for you

An option to explore is to find someone who does Matterport tours. The floor plan generated by this is accurate to less than an inch and you could then send that to someone who can give you an accurate model to work with in HD. If you know a realtor they can probably steer you to someone doing the Matterport imaging.

the best way to learn the software is to model your own house - or a house for a family member or friend

you have constant access and can keep measuring and modeling until you get it "right"

you will be surprised how easy it is to create walls and doors and windows

as for roofs and stairs you can learn those too or hire someone to do those

anyone with a compatible version of Chief Premier can set the edit flag so the plan can be modified in HD PRO

if Premier features are used they can be viewed but not edited

Lew

• 2 months later...