Shower Niche

RobUSMC

A few questions when inserting a shower niche into a shower glass pony wall.  First, has not happened in the before but when I insert the niche it shows sitting on the floor like a door. ( know the niche is technically a door) However when I pull it up to the height I need it off the floor there now appears to be framing across the bottom of the niche. See attached  I am using a niche I've used for years

Second... This has always happened and nothing new. When inserting a niche into the shower glass pony wall that has a wall cap, it deletes the section of wall cap above the niche.  Ive always just deleted the entire wall cap and used a PS.  Does anyone have a better way?Niche.plan

Nooks In Glass Pony Wall.png

Niche.plan

Rob,

1. Niches are actually created by the "Window>Niche" tool
  2. You should use a "Half Wall" instead of a "Pony Wall"
  3. If you are using a "Niche Symbol" .... don't - use the "Window>Niche" tool instead.
  4. If you see framing in the Niche, reframe the wall.

4 hours ago, RobUSMC said:

just deleted the entire wall cap and used a PS.  Does anyone have a better way?

Nope but for the framing showing if you make the railing solid instead of panel it allows for the wall niche tool to be used BUT the wall cap then goes on top of the glass so needs to be deleted and a Psolid or counter added and heights adjusted.

image.thumb.png.d0f9eb6db3539a1d5247e8bede72ffda.png

Niche 2.plan