ever seen an elevation depicted like this?

SHCanada2

a potential customer contacted me and asked if I could do his "style". It is basically plot lines with a grey roof surface.

I've tried to get this by doing a color plot lines and white stucco, but it does not work. (roof turned out well but walls, stone did not)

I also tried turning layers on and off in elevation to try and get the dashed lines for the eaves, no luck.

anyone have any ideas for these two things?

thanks

image.thumb.png.9f07ed3e5d67b06cb27b0d43a3591563.png

image.thumb.png.67293173d1566876b0ed15a54ab36746.png

I would try plot lines without fill and add a filled polyline with a blank line style for the roof in the layout file and unfortunately cad lines for the dashed overhangs.  You may also need to turn roof planes off after getting the snaps you need or delete the odd plot line here and there.

I don't particularly like the style but I think it can be done.  Be sure and show him what chief can do automatically with shadows and all after you get an exact match to what he has asked for.

16 hours ago, Gawdzira said:

Just change the roof material to a solid color.

thats what I did, the roof is okay, but then the wall shows, stone shows.

14 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

I would try plot lines without fill and add a filled polyline with a blank line style for the roof in the layout file and unfortunately cad lines for the dashed overhangs

12 hours ago, richoffan said:

Make a CAD detail from view and you can add all of those and adjust the line style, weight etc. You could use CAD boxes with fill .....

yeah I was hoping people were not going to say that. I don't like the style either, not sure why anyone would care to see the eave area in an elevation. Trying to avoid the CAD if I can as I have to move/resize/redraw ...and I'm not that great with it yet.

Everyone has their opinions, and mine is that the elevation you show is pretty plain.  And I am not sure what value, really, those dashed lines accenting roof overhangs bring.

Have you tried suggesting an alternative, straight out of Chief?  Something like what Michael (Alaskan Son) showed in a thread about techniques?  Pic below.  Very pale pattern lines, shadows, and a semi-transparent mask over the foundation.

Or are you asked to comply with their standards because they have multiple sources for plans and yours have to meet their specs.

2021-05-15 13_42_47-Exterior elevations with zip - General Q & A - ChiefTalk Forum.png

He had a guy doing plans, but he left, so he is looking for someone new. My strategy now given there is no automated way to do it, is to show him close (based on what CA does automatically), and then let him decide if he wants to spend more money to have me manually draw those two details.

The eave thing is bizarre, and it does not actually go to the top of roof. Not sure what he is trying to convey. maybe I'll ask him

14 hours ago, Alchemyjim said:

You could get it done with the material editor tool. Change the roofing and siding to no pattern.

I did something similar in my example above, changed the roof pattern. the problem is that is great for the roof, but he wants everything else plot line. It looks like your example is color plot line, same as my example. which from what I can tell, one cannot get only the back and white pattern to show. i.e. your wall, doors, batten, and if you had brick there, show color fill, as opposed to outline line.