Cannot control finish in tray ceiling

GeneDavis

I want the room ceiling, the top of the tray, one material, and the tray sides, another.  I did a one-room house as a test and can get what I want, but not in the plan.

The plan file is here (I hope I did Dropbox correct.)  https://www.dropbox.com/s/zk217tczyvxufop/BZ.plan?dl=0

For some reason, I have an error message and something in my specs of settings is keeping me from getting what I want.

2021-05-13 13_33_24-Chief Architect Premier X12.png

2021-05-13 13_34_25-Chief Architect Premier X12.png

The tray ceiling has automatically "overflowed" from the dining area into the kitchen and the great room because all three rooms have the same ceiling elevation. If you set all three rooms to use the same ceiling finish, the error will go away. Alternatively, you can explode the tray ceiling and "cut back" the large ceiling plane to fit in just one room.

I want my great room with the ceiling finish it has, which is tongue and groove boards.  The kitchen is for now undecided, but may be different from the other two.  There is wall separation between all three, just as there is wall separation for the other rooms on this floor.

As currently designed, tray ceilings will "flow through" invisible walls, with the main goal being to allow tray ceilings to span multiple rooms. Exploding the tray ceiling is probably the easiest way to override that behavior in this case, at least if you're planning to recess it into the ceiling structure above it.