X13 Release Date

HumbleChief

11 hours ago, scottharris said:

our target X13 release is scheduled for the end of June

That's great and consistent with what Chief has said for quite some time but when are we at least going to get a "What's New in Chief Architect X13"?

We usually get this list 2 months before a new release.

We've seen some hints in various training videos but I'm talking about the usual, exhaustive list of upcoming new features.  It's nowhere to be found.

You have to agree with me that Chief has been uncharacteristically silent on this front, hence all the concern on this forum.

Michael, on Thursday June 3 @ noon Pacific we are going to schedule a live webinar to introduce the new X13 features and provide a detailed list.

1 hour ago, Michael_Gia said:

That's great and consistent with what Chief has said for quite some time but when are we at least going to get a "What's New in Chief Architect X13"?

Michael, on Thursday June 3 @ noon Pacific we are going to schedule a live webinar to introduce the new X13 features and provide a detailed list.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, scottharris said:

Hi Scott, will you be doing the presentation?   You do such a great job.  

One tail tell sign that a release is soon coming, is that the catalogs all start giving a X13 load option.  I have yet seen any catalog offer this.  Now that at least there is a date, will the catalogs start being updated? 

14 hours ago, Francois said:

I'm about to upgrade my computer. Will X13 require a hardware upgrade for max performance?

Depends on how you define 'max performance'. X13 includes real time RayTracing which requires a specific video card but is not needed unless that's a feature you want to use. I'm not planning to upgrade my hardware because of X13, but might upgrade after its release just because I like new, faster stuff.

I talked with Carrie at CA yesterday and she said one of the things they were trying to get dialed in prior to release is the issue with toolbars whacking out when views are dragged across multiple monitors.

An issue that I went into in depth in the thread "Menu Bug" back in April - and I am updating now.

She did say Beta was supposed to be coming out soon........ not sure how long until that translates into full version release but her thought was consistent with end of June.

1 hour ago, RL-inc said:

I talked with Carrie at CA yesterday and she said one of the things they were trying to get dialed in prior to release is the issue with toolbars whacking out when views are dragged across multiple monitors.

Glad to see they are working on this issue as it is still a problem for me.

On 5/12/2021 at 10:24 PM, Francois said:

I'm about to upgrade my computer. Will X13 require a hardware upgrade for max performance?

i JUST UPGRADED TO PREPARE OF X13 AND REAL TIME RAY TRACING. MICROCENTER HAS PUT TOGETHER A PRETTY SWEET GAMING COMPUTER FOR A PRETTY DECENT PRICE. 

Powerspec G467,  i9 / 3.7GHz , 1 TB SSD ( I ADDED A SECOND)

32GB  WITH  NVIDEA RTX 3080 .  VERY FAST AND GETS TONS OF RAVE REVIEWS ONLINE FROM GAMERS. sO FAR NOT USING IT MUCH AS i AM TRANSFERRING STUFF OVER BUT COMPUTER AND DELL 27" MONITOR FOR JUST UNDER $3000

• 2 weeks later...

I sure hope that they increase the speed of the program.  It is so slow on moderate and especially bigger projects.  I also hope that they have improved stairways.  I also think for future updates, they should look at adding some addition drawing styles like Sketchup has.

On 5/14/2021 at 1:32 AM, amddrafting said:

Is the Terrain Tool going to stop sucking?

10 hours ago, Archnot-Boltz said:
On 5/14/2021 at 1:32 AM, amddrafting said:

Seriously...

No, I always joke about poorly designed tools that yield consistently inconsistent results and are a PITA to use!

The terrain tool will only do what you tell it to do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1