Basement Floor Gravel Layer

robdyck

Is there a way to get a basement floor layer that is even with the foundation wall footings? I've shown an example using a section view. The 'gravel' is shown in red.

I'd like my basement floor structure to include:

1. concrete slab (easy)
  2. vapor barrier (easy)
  3. gravel (not easy)

image.thumb.png.e712eb75bee1004bb43f5fd6d22e058b.png

59 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Is there a way to get a basement floor layer that is even with the foundation wall footings? I've shown an example using a section view. The 'gravel' is shown in red.

I'd like my basement floor structure to include:

1. concrete slab (easy)
  2. vapor barrier (easy)
  3. gravel (not easy)

image.thumb.png.e712eb75bee1004bb43f5fd6d22e058b.png

I don’t believe there is a way to do it automatically but you can manually force a layer by using a psolid or a slab set to gravel and manually positioned and cutout around footings...  if not using it to figure material though I would think a 2d cad detail add in on your cross sections would be enough?

1 minute ago, rgardner said:

I don’t believe there is a way to do it automatically but you can manually force a layer by using a psolid or a slab set to gravel and manually positioned and cutout around footings...  if not using it to figure material though I would think a 2d cad detail add in on your cross sections would be enough?

Yeah, I just used a slab. It's for the materials list.

2 minutes ago, NRST8TRKR said:

Here is the way I fill in my Floor Structure DBX

Floor Structure.PNG

Thanks Ken, but can you get that gravel layer to build so that the top-of-gravel matches the top-of-footing? Keeping foundation walls set to all default top and bottom heights?

10 minutes ago, NRST8TRKR said:

You have to set the Conc. at the point that lets the gravel adjust to the point you want it.You will have to increase wall default to get what you want to get the gravel to sit on the footer.

Thanks Ken, but I don't think you read the original post clearly enough. It's easy to get the gravel layer above the footing, that is not the issue. You'll need to re-read the posts clearly to contribute.

OK,Got it. But,It is just a mater of adjusting the Wall Height and or Footer to get the Concrete Floor with the Gravel under it at the point you want. It is just math.And I don't add the vapor barrier in the structure because I don't deal in 1/16 inch measurements.

2 minutes ago, NRST8TRKR said:

But,It is just a mater of adjusting the Wall Height and or Footer to get the Concrete Floor with the Gravel under it at the point you want

Show me. 1 Rule: you gotta keep the foundation walls using the default bottom height.