Random line extending from roof plane in perspective view

BlackDiamond

I'm viewing a house I've drawn in perspective full overview and one of the roof planes has a line extending out into space. If you click on the line, it highlights the front roof plane over the den upstairs.

I've had this happen before and have had limited success in just deleting the roof plan or wall and starting over. However, this time, none of that has helped and I can't figure out how to eliminate the line.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Conley.plan

Conley.plan

6 minutes ago, BlackDiamond said:

I'm viewing a house I've drawn in perspective full overview and one of the roof planes has a line extending out into space. If you click on the line, it highlights the front roof plane over the den upstairs.

I've had this happen before and have had limited success in just deleting the roof plan or wall and starting over. However, this time, none of that has helped and I can't figure out how to eliminate the line.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Conley.planUnavailable

Conley.plan 9.9 MB · 0 downloads

Without opening the plan I can tell you that it is because one of the roof planes is not connected to the other and is possibly not coplanar.  Use the adjoin roof plane tool to get them to join together properly.  BTW  Chief has a pretty good auto-roof tool once it is learned how to be used.  Some very complex roofs can be done automatically without any adjustments at times.  Saves a lot of time once you learn how to use it.  Let Chief do the heavy lifting and make necessary adjustments at the end.

17 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Without opening the plan I can tell you that it is because one of the roof planes is not connected to the other and is possibly not coplanar.  Use the adjoin roof plane tool to get them to join together properly.  BTW  Chief has a pretty good auto-roof tool once it is learned how to be used.  Some very complex roofs can be done automatically without any adjustments at times.  Saves a lot of time once you learn how to use it.  Let Chief do the heavy lifting and make necessary adjustments at the end.

Yes... I use the ' join roof plane' tool all the time and occasionally use the 'build roof' option as well.

In this instance, there is another roof plane below it - but not touching the upper roof plane. If I pull the lower roof plane away so that it is no longer up against the exterior wall of the upper roof plane, the line goes away. Once I pull the lower roof plane back against the outer surface of the exterior wall, the line reappears.

1 minute ago, BlackDiamond said:

Once I pull the lower roof plane back against the outer surface of the exterior wall, the line reappears.

Make sure it is parallel to the exterior wall and snapped to the surface layer.