Coloured Cabinet doors and Sliding Cabinet doors

bkennedy74

HI all. Doing a Mid Century modern kitchen in walnut. I have attached the screen shot elevation here with text info. 

ON the top cabinets above the window to the right of the pantry, the client want's sliding melomine doors which is cool, but she wan'ts to have 3 of the 6 doors to be coloured. I don't know how to colour 1 door on each cabinet so that I can show her what it looks like. Is there a way to do that? 

In the second picture, there are shelves that have a cool little design, and she want's to have a few sides coloured also, but not sure how to separate a panel to colour that one for the 3d view. 

Using Chief Premier X11 on Mac OSX catalina. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 12.47.24 PM.png

IMG_5948.jpeg

On 5/3/2021 at 3:49 PM, bkennedy74 said:

ON the top cabinets above the window to the right of the pantry, the client want's sliding melomine doors which is cool, but she wan'ts to have 3 of the 6 doors to be coloured. I don't know how to colour 1 door on each cabinet so that I can show her what it looks like. Is there a way to do that? 

IF you use a door with a different name you can make it a different material. To do that with a double door cabinet it needs to be split so that it is two doors. This is actually a little easier for sliding doors than hinged. (IF you make them look right) To make them look like sliding doors I made two door symbols each with different origins and used them as "side panel inset"

image.thumb.png.e24342cb04c16e8163f477108b53bdca.png

For the second you need a custom door symbol that inserts to look like a partition. To make it so that it can have different materials follow the steps shown on the plan, eventually converting to a solid and then exploding it (you can start with a solid I just find it easier to do Psolids since I have a shortcut key for that-and habit) After exploding assign different materials to faces.

There is more about doing that on the forum, often when discussing grain direction on angled framing members.

image.thumb.png.42ea67e7ddb6d6562711c4d1722df37a.pngSliding doors and colors.plan

Edit to add partition symbol. Be sure to "open symbol" to check settings on that and the doors in plan.

Partition.calibz