Turn Off Sunlight For Walkthrough

gpenelton

59 minutes ago, gpenelton said:

Is there a way to turn off sunlight for a walkthrough?  I know you can change the light set for the Full Camera but I can't find anything for turning off the sunlight.

Thanks in advance.

Did you try searching the help file?  Maybe for something called “toggle sunlight”...

Hi Ryan,

Yes I did search the help file but there is nothing I can find referencing sunlight and walkthroughs.

I tried changing the Adjust Sunlight settings to Use Sun Angle and changed the time to 1AM but that didn't do anything either.

6 minutes ago, gpenelton said:

Yes I did search the help file but there is nothing I can find referencing sunlight and walkthroughs.

I am hoping for a change in this with X13 but currently you need to change the defaults for the entire plan file for this too do anything for your walkthrough.  To turn the sunlight off you will need to zero out your "Daytime Ambient" setting for the Standard camera views.

Thanks for the reply Chopsaw, but this does not seem to work for me.

I have gone to Default Settings, 3D View Defaults, Rendering Techniques and turned off all ambient settings in Standard but it does not make a difference.

I am attaching a short walkthrough video showing the sun still shining on the front of the house, as well as an image from the Perspective Full Overview camera.

Test1.jpg

You will also need to kill the sunlight in plan defaults.  Not sure if a current camera will pick up default changes or if you need a new camera.

It is definitely not easy and messes up every other camera in your plan file but it can be done.  Are you doing a night lighting study ?