Molding not showing up in Plan view only in elevations

divreig

Go to solution Solved by glennw,

So i am trying to place molding around windows like in the pic. I have placed some corner boards and molding in both elevation view and plan view. The corner boards and molding placed  in plan view show up in both elevation and plan view if placed in elevation view i don't see them in plan view. I am i missing something? 

Also i noticed the 2mb file limit on the forum, now my file 5.49mb so cant attach to this post. Is a file over 2mb not normal? Most of my .plan files are around 5 to 10mb when completed. 

a2021-04-28.thumb.png.f4221062eda9fb21472c993af5fa5de4.png

Untitled 1.jpg

In your elevation view, select the trim object, open it for specification (little door in bottom toolbar) and find out what layer this piece of trim is on...or, just click the object in elevation and look at the very bottom of your screen...Chief will tell you what layer an object is on. 

Then go to your plan view...and open the layerset and make sure the layer is turned on.

216811643_LayerExample.thumb.jpg.82ced72fc70a3f1f056478ea9a7cec94.jpg

Layer Example.zip

4 hours ago, divreig said:

if placed in elevation view i don't see them in plan view. I am i missing something? 

Assuming you are talking about the moldings in this situation.  First of all they may or may not be the right item to use in this situation as others have stated.  However I think I understand your dilemma.  I think in some previous version they were actually visible but very difficult to see and possibly only one pixel on the computer screen.  I just checked in X12 for now and they no longer seem to be visible but they can be selected and moved if you can find them.  You can open the DBX in elevation view and check the X and Y Location and then go to that location in plan view but if you have a general idea of where it is you can likely marque select it by locking all the other items the show up in ALDO when you do the marque selection and then try again.  Most likely things to lock in your situation would be walls and windows.

The only thing you are really missing is that it would be great if the profile showed up and was editable in plan view but I think that was a dream I had. ;)

1 hour ago, SNestor said:

Post a plan…we are all guessing 

Thanks Steve.  The plan view representation is glitchy in X9 and works great in X10 with line weights turned on.  In x11 and x12 it was broken or turned off but is still selectable using the technique I described above.  X7 may have actually been the last time it worked correctly if it would make sense to have the marker in the center of the molding where it says it is in elevation view rather than over in one corner.