Ruby

RGWhite

I upgraded to X12 and now when I get on Ruby all I get is the Tutorial with a dark gray screen.  How do I get the "normal" screen that is blank with white background?  Like it was in earlier versions.

The output window has a darker background because it is not an area you can type in.  You can input commands in the line below the console.  The help button does a pretty good job of explaining this (but you may note that it is still using the old white background).

ruby console.png

As far as I know, the only difference between the ruby console in X9 versus X12 is the background color used for the output window.

As far as I know, the only way to clear the contents from the output window is to exit the program and restart it.  Might be nice if there was, but that would be a feature request and I don't think anyone has ever asked for this.

My opinion is that black fonts on a white background is the way to go.  Black on gray???? not as easy to read.  

Since upgrading I am going through the features and happened on Ruby and was surprised by the different look.

I will look at the improvements to the text macro management.

Robert, 

Have you tried hitting the "Done" button?

I'm not sure how you started the Ruby Console in Help mode (tutorial) but you can basically clear that gray area by hitting the enter key several times.  The only entry area in the console is as Dermot indicated - the bottom "white" area.  The gray area is basically a response to what you enter.

I hit the done button and nothing.  I did close the program and restarted and this cleared the tutorial screen.  I guess I will have to do this each time I want to clear the screen.  Maybe this needs to be looked at by CA.