Resizing a room with angled walls

AnnaMinelle

Hi, I cannot find any help resource for this situation. I have this room with one angled wall and I don/t know how to resize it to the correct dimensions. I believe the angle is not correct but I don't know the exact angle and I was hoping to get it right by setting the other walls right. If I delete it and set the others walls right, when adding the angled wall back it overlaps the ends of the correct walls and the dimension of those parallel walls change again to wrong dimensions.

image.png

There are many ways to do this.

I would start by drawing the shape in cad - I got a slight discrepancy in the length of the angled wall (3mm).

And of course 335 should be 3350.

Is it normal practice to drop a zero like that - weird.

Use Make Parallel to get the correct slope for the angled wall.

Make sure you have Resize About set to Inner Surface.

Select and drag the walls in and snap them to the cad lines.

I get the angle as 80.328786°

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 10.17.29 pm.jpg

15 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

:lol:  and I never use metric - so how did I know that was the problem ???  :huh:

30 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Anna,

Glenn's confusion is probably because you have your drawing units set to "centimeters" instead of "millimeters".  For metric plans it's standard practice to use "millimeters".

Yes, indeed. It's cm. :) Anyway I couldn't have spotted a mistake i one of your plans with inches in a million years. But I guess it's a little bit easier the other way round. Or so it seems from here on my metric side. :)

9 hours ago, glennw said:

There are many ways to do this.

I would start by drawing the shape in cad - I got a slight discrepancy in the length of the angled wall (3mm).

And of course 335 should be 3350.

Is it normal practice to drop a zero like that - weird.

Use Make Parallel to get the correct slope for the angled wall.

Make sure you have Resize About set to Inner Surface.

Select and drag the walls in and snap them to the cad lines.

I get the angle as 80.328786°

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 10.17.29 pm.jpg

That worked from the first try. :) Thank you! It saved me a lot of time and reversed my quitting reflex. :)